Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Software updates - Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The 14.3 update became available for me today. Interestingly it showed up even though it was less than 24 hours since my last "check" in the software window. This mean the car must check (or allow pushes) even if you've manually requested it check for new updates. For note, my car has no access to wifi where it is parked and when I arrived at the car it notified me of the available update. So it also does these background checks over cellular (but needed me to connect to wifi to download the update).

Reactions: Jules22
Just got 14.3 on my 2022 RWD Y. A few notes, apologies if people have already said this:

- adaptive headlights confirmed on bottom range Y (I didn’t think we got matrix)
- seems to get the FSD 12 occupancy network, meaning the visualisations are showing an order of magnitude more cars and objects - very cool when you full screen the visualisation and minimise the map
- new Speedo so much more readable
- love the trip progress indicator
- appears to include a big visualisation upgrade for parking sensors for USS vehicles (don’t know whether it is full 3D yet - I don’t think so)

Great update.

One of the super sleuths on X noted that the Australian AP/FSD stack grew in size by a considerable amount with this update which tends to suggest that there have been further developments in this area. Will be interesting to see on my next road trip.
I just drove back home (again!) and tested full screen (WOW!) and standard autopilot.
It was seeing things that i certainly couldnt visually see until after, and it went well.
Im about to go down to the CBD so will get a few highway and suburban km in testing it out.

Cool how it can see other cars indicators and brake lights too.

I was impressed that it can tell the difference between tail lights and brake lights at night, I wasn't expecting that.
If only it could tell the difference between "round" traffic lights and "arrow" traffic lights when the lights are a double bank in the median.
As of 2024.14.3, it still has the single UI display flashing red/green about once per second.
It is not just the UI though, as this then leads to false green chimes when you are sitting in the turn lane with indicators on, and the turn arrow is red and the straight ahead is green.

I just drove back home (again!) and tested full screen (WOW!) and standard autopilot.
It was seeing things that i certainly couldnt visually see until after, and it went well.
Im about to go down to the CBD so will get a few highway and suburban km in testing it out.

Cool how it can see other cars indicators and brake lights too.

Ultimately, the FSD computer has always seen this, its just visualising it on the center screen. The visualistations takes a bit of computing power so its why its not available on the Intel screens. Pitty they are not offering a computer swap out for those who want it, ultimately the part couldn't cost more than a few hundred dollars.

- Noticed that the rear indicator visualisation on the vehicle is still red and not amber, looks like they need to tweak the software for outside the USA.

- the new wiper controls are now on the up/down of the scroll wheel, rather than left/right. Much easier to operate, always found the left/right action awkward, its life the scroll wheel doesn't have enough edge on it to control smoothly. Again, a couple more buttons on the wheel like the new highland wheel could solve this, but they need to be software definable. The downside is now you have to wait a couple of seconds to change volume after a wiper change. Ultimately however, its an admission that the auto wipers are a joke.

- Still no on screen acknowledgement of the new track/station on track/station change from the wheel when the tyre pressure or trip card is active.

- The full screen view of the vehicle when parked should be an option you can save, I still prefer to just have the map all the time.

- The auto boot feature I can see from the videos works exactly like other manufacturers. Looks good. Still trying to understand why UWB wasn't installed in the cars years ago.

Reactions: elddum
If only it could tell the difference between "round" traffic lights and "arrow" traffic lights when the lights are a double bank in the median… as this then leads to false green chimes when you are sitting in the turn lane with indicators on, and the turn arrow is red and the straight ahead is green.

It’s kinda weird this doesn’t work yet. The car knows you are in a turn lane because turn arrow visualisation was recently added to the road markings in the UI, and it knows you have your turn indicator on. So provided it can tell the difference between a circle and an arrow on the traffic light (not exactly rocket science, surely), it should work out when to give the green light chime.

Anyone could test the new sentry footage function? Are you able to preview on the app all sentry clips as they are saved, or only those severe enough that the car alarm is triggered?
IMG_0353.jpeg
IMG_0354.jpeg

My wifi in the car keeps disconnecting from my home wifi, and a couple of times early this morning when i got back home it was prompting for the wifi password, seemingly unable to connect. Then it comes good again after i re-enter the password.
Was doing the same for home wifi and hotspotted phones and everything else on those networks has been solid as.

Might need to put in a service request for connectivity issues

v2024.8.9
Reboot?

If you haven’t already I’d try that… and if still no good maybe a full power off? (not that I’ve gone that path myself).

For other devices I often get similar on my wifi and a reboot or power off fixes. Might be quicker fix than service.

Reactions: dronus