Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

‘ In Transit - Coming Soon ‘ - what does this mean

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What does ‘in transit -coming soon ‘ mean in the inventory. My order is a MY RWD Standard range. It seems production is at he Texas factory and my order is in NorCal. Does in tansit mean it’s already produced and on the way or is it not yet produced

The Tesla people are saying it may mean it’s in pre-production or in production or could be on the way for delivery. It’s confusing.
Well, there's your official answer from your Tesla folks. They're all over the place. LOL. My Tesla sales advisor told me that mine was on a truck being delivered to my SC location. They have some way to re-route deliveries since it was originally slated for Tysons Corner, VA and he was able to re-route it to Rockville, MD.

Upvote 0
The Tesla people are saying it may mean it’s in pre-production or in production or could be on the way for delivery. It’s confusing.
I spoke with someone on the phone today and asked them about an In Transit RWD Model Y. Asked them when it would arrive so I could go in and buy it. They told me that particular car doesn't even have a VIN and might not even be built. So much for "in transit".

• Funny
Reactions: DJ DizzR
Upvote 0
I spoke with someone on the phone today and asked them about an In Transit RWD Model Y. Asked them when it would arrive so I could go in and buy it. They told me that particular car doesn't even have a VIN and might not even be built. So much for "in transit".
I wouldn't waste time or money with a regular RWD model in the MD area. Either go LR or P. After getting LR, I now have P-envy......

Upvote 0
Yeah. They updated he app to show Nov 25 to Dec 9. Don’t know if we can trust them.

The inventory update on a specific car keeps changing from “in transit - arriving soon” to “coming soon”. Every few refreshes you do, the status changes. Something fishy for sure.

Upvote 0