Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

1000 New RHD Model 3 VINS Issued

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Jason71

May 8, 2019
Shropshire
For anyone interested the @Model3vins twitter account is reporting the registration of a further batch of approximately 1000 RHD M3 VINS. Assume this would be UK since we were the first RHD market opened.
The opinion seems to be that this takes the total to around 1300 in total so far. The UK orders seem to be sitting at around 4300 based on order numbers issued so looks like there are still quite a few more needed.

Someone said on another thread that when European markets opened there was a glut of VINs issued while the cars were on the boat (a matter of days before deliveries started). So it isn't necessarily a matter an indicator of what has been built it could be that there are around 1,000 on the boat due next week... Exciting!

Someone said on another thread that when European markets opened there was a glut of VINs issued while the cars were on the boat (a matter of days before deliveries started). So it isn't necessarily a matter an indicator of what has been built it could be that there are around 1,000 on the boat due next week... Exciting!

I read that as well. I was a bit unclear but I think there was a bit of confusion there and what they were referring to was VINs were issued to customers accounts i.e. customers were allocated a specific car while the cars were in transit.
What I am referring to is VINS registered with the NTSB (National Transportation Safety Board) which I believe is supposed to occur prior to production. Which means in theory only 300 RHD cars that could actually been built and there are probably imminently a max of another 1000 about to be built. Or none of them may have been built yet at all.
This is what I have read but I am not an expert and could be wrong.