Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

100D's Battery Loss

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All,
I know this question has probably been discussed more than enough times, but I still couldn't find the answer I was looking for.

I picked up my 100D at the end of December 2018. I was mixing between charging at home and SC. It's now about 8,200km. Last week, I charged to 90% at the SC, it showed 400km. Later I charged couple times with home charger and SC; it consistently showed 403km at 90%.

I was wondering if the battery started to degradation. I didn't expect the loss range would be so soon though. What are your thoughts? When did your X battery start to loss range?

Ang comments would be much appreciated. Thank you!

I have a March 2017 X100D with 42,000 miles. My 100% charge when charging from home is now about 273. So about a 7% loss from the stated 295 mile range. Most of the loss (5-6%) occurred in the first year. The second year was only about 1-2 % more. I hope this helps.

I have a March 2017 X100D with 42,000 miles. My 100% charge when charging from home is now about 273. So about a 7% loss from the stated 295 mile range. Most of the loss (5-6%) occurred in the first year. The second year was only about 1-2 % more. I hope this helps.
yes, that sounds right. Although I recall the initial claim was 300 miles and more recently restated to be 295. When my X was new, for the first few thousand miles, my 100% was 303.

• Helpful
Reactions: Snerruc
yes, that sounds right. Although I recall the initial claim was 300 miles and more recently restated to be 295. When my X was new, for the first few thousand miles, my 100% was 303.
Yes, when my X was new I also got 303-304 miles at 100% but that was before a software update raised the rated kWh/m from about 331 to 339. I think they got some real world data and changed the formula in the software within a few months of my getting the car as it was one of the first 100kW batteries for the X. So I don’t use that number for my battery loss calculations anymore.

• Informative
Reactions: Silicon Desert