Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

12V Socket turns off and stays off in 2019 Model X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi folks,

I have a radar detector plugged into the front/center 12v socket. When I start to drive the vehcile after being parked overnight the 12v socket doesn't have any power. I have to unplug and replug the device to get it to power up. It's as if the car senses the drain on the socket and disables it until the drain is removed and reconnected.

I've struggled to find anyone else with this issue. Does anyone know of a workaround to make this turn on and off with the car? Thanks for any info you can provide.

Thanks,
-p

I have a 2018 MX and have a device with 110v converter and 4 USB ports that fits in one of the cup holders in lower storage area. I have a couple USB things plugged in, and there is a display that shows voltage level of the 12v battery. There probably isn't much of a load but I don't have that problem. It always powers on the next time I drive.

• Informative
Reactions: henderrj
I have a 2018 MX and have a device with 110v converter and 4 USB ports that fits in one of the cup holders in lower storage area. I have a couple USB things plugged in, and there is a display that shows voltage level of the 12v battery. There probably isn't much of a load but I don't have that problem. It always powers on the next time I drive.
Interesting- what is the device which plugs in to the USB port via the 12V charger port that shows the 12V battery charge level?