Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

19" wheels for 2022 Model X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I run Model S 19" Tempest Aeros (the silver ones that also have plastic aero covers) on my X with my winter tires. Works really well. Only questionable thing is the X weights more than the S so are the rims rated? I never had a problem with my 2020 X which weighs 200+ Lbs more than the 2022, so the 2022 should be even closer to the S wieght. I never tow in the winter so I didn't worry about that, but Tesla had never published the capability of specif rims.

You got me thinking, I need to pull a 2022 front wheel and make sure the 19 fits before this winter. Assuming it does, then the 2016—2021 X 19 should fit also. There use to be a Tesla offered 19" winter wheel package. Had choice in touch screen even. Not any more. That package had square wheel size (all the same size front and rear).

Did anyone ever figure out whether something like the old 19" cyclone MX winter wheels work with the refresh 2022+ MX? I almost bought a set off ebay, but read elsewhere that someone tried a 19" on their 2023 MX fronts and it just barely rubbed the brakes.

1703041903425.png