Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2 Year Lease $0 Down

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes, I think you’re right. The tax credits weigh in to a degree, in that we’ve been discounting them, but I don’t think the average buyer does. Nor do I think they’re priced into the used market at all. This is good for us, bad for the used buyers. ;-)

Especially if you buy now at a time when the pricing has come down a lot and the $3750 tax incentive is still available. The prices may drop a little more but not dramatically at this point because they don't really have to. An SR+ at $40k once you factor in gas and maintenance savings is hard to beat if you are in the market for a new car. Even a loaded up Honda Civic is almost $30k now. A Hybrid Camry is $33k. BMW 340 starts at $40k. The Tesla Model 3 SR+ will outperform all of them, be more fun to drive and cost less to operate than anything else.

Reactions: dmurphy
Are you saying you are 500 miles from the nearest Service Center?
No, I called Tesla and they located a vehicle for me that was in Georgia and they were going to deliver it to my service center that I am 60 miles away from. However Georgia is 526 miles from the Indianapolis service center and they won't deliver outside of 500 miles apparently. They didn't tell me this until after I had the VIN assigned and a delivery date set for next Friday so now it looks like I'll have to custom order one. I'll find out Monday if there are any other in stock vehicles they can match me to.

No, I called Tesla and they located a vehicle for me that was in Georgia and they were going to deliver it to my service center that I am 60 miles away from. However Georgia is 526 miles from the Indianapolis service center and they won't deliver outside of 500 miles apparently. They didn't tell me this until after I had the VIN assigned and a delivery date set for next Friday so now it looks like I'll have to custom order one. I'll find out Monday if there are any other in stock vehicles they can match me to.

Interesting, so by deliver they were going to drive it to your service center? I assumed it would be shipped on a transporter to your nearest service center. Anyway, I agree, I would just get matched to another car that will show up at your service center with 10 miles or less on it.

I'm going to lease a model 3 pretty soon, when my model S lease is up.

3 other things to consider:

1)There are tax advantages to leasing for some people.

2)no downside risk for lessor (liability is defined)

3)tech changes so quickly and a lessor gets the newest tech in 2 or 3 years. My model 3 (2016 vintage) is way out of date in the tech department at this point. I'd be bummed out if I were stuck with it for another 3 years.

The equation isn't as simple as many on this thread might think.
However, having leased about 5 cars before Tesla I agree that the Tesla lease deals aren't as good as others. It's tough for Tesla to understand the secondary market since they have such a short history, so it makes sense to me that the leases will be a worse deal than a car company with a 50 or 100 year record.

In 9 years
- lease 3 Tesla’s and no car at end

Or

- own two outright.

Crazy to entertain leasing at all.

Planning for a Model Y in 2 years and I’d be way ahead with the Model 3 purchase and then resale.