Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Would I qualify for a Tesla lease on a Model 3?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey there everyone, just curious on if you think I would qualify to lease a model 3? I make $55,000 a year and Experian is sitting at 746 using the FICO 8 model. I would be able to put the full $4,500 down. Also I noticed when I go to inventory vehicles and choose one it says I cannot lease a discounted vehicle but when I go to the build a Tesla and choose checkout then I can pick a inventory vehicle from the dealership nearby and it’s discounted. Can I still choose one of these vehicles and get a lease? It doesn’t indicate on the website this isn’t possible. I can get all the way through the confirm and pay order screen with the lease details so I assume so just asking for others experiences.

Actually my credit score is 770 Experian after I just paid off one of my cards so that begs the question how long after I press order now does Tesla do a credit check? Reason being is I have noticed Trasnsunion and Equifax have not updated yet with my new scores.

The only thing credit wise that I have seen a score of 740 and 770 be different on is a Mortgage loan (real estate). For mortgages, 760+ is the score that generally guarantees the top offer from a Lender, provided other qualifications are met.

For a car loan, that difference isnt going to matter, as the score that generates the top offer is 720+ for car loans, provided all theother criteria are met.

("other criteria like debt to income ratio,etc").

As for opinions on whether you will qualify or not, none of that is actually very relevant since no matter what anyone online thinks its going to come down to what the lender says, and since one can apply online for credit and get an answer quickly, speculation about it is kind of pointless.

With that being said, whether one would qualify to lease a car that will cost about 42k+ tax minimum, with a yearly income of 55k, would depend on what expenses one has coming out of that 55k. If you live at home and have no outstanding credit, maybe. Otherwise, probably not, but this speculation is pointless when you can apply online and find out an answer from a lender that actually is relevant.

Note that I dont work for Tesla or anything, nor do I work in the lending industry. I do know a fair amount about the topic from personal research on it for myself, but I dont work in that industry.