Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

20" Uberturbine M3P Wheels do work on a MYP

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
270 wh/mi is great! Did you buy another set of 21" ubers and match 2 pairs of front, or does changing the back staggered tires from that larger size to the normal size matching the fronts make it a squared set-up? How would you tell the cpu that the 21s are a square setup? Maybe I should keep the 21s and use the rim set as a snow tire.

found this guy from craiglslist (also he's on FB) selling a bunch of model Y wheelset. Gemini, induction and Uber. He claimed he's getting them from Fremont Tesla for a great price and just turning them around. Since he had a bunch of 21", I ask for 4 fronts. Paid him 1600, comes with new AS tires and TPMS. Price was too good to pass on, I wanted AS tires for Tahoe and can't stop thinking of the Uber tires when I sold my original set with summer tires.

On the CPU, u can only choose 19, 20 or 21. I choose 21 but CPU probably read them as staggered. NO choice from square. I compared my speed with Waze. Under 50 mph, its the same. Once u pass 50, car read 1 mph faster than Waze. Oh well, nothing I can do about it now. I probably going to use these set for winter and Tahoe.

Reactions: MYUser
I see, they are changing a few words here and there with their signature wheel names, 20" black induction/ 21" grey turbines, 20"/21" uberturbines.

I thought I'd share a side by side picture, the top is of the 20" m3p uber wheels, and the bottom is a pic of when the myp was delivered with the oem 21" uber staggered. Can't really discern the visual difference between the two, but the driving feel is different for sure.

Attachments

• IMG_20220731_121257.jpg
    IMG_20220731_121257.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 233
I see, they are changing a few words here and there with their signature wheel names, 20" black induction/ 21" grey turbines, 20"/21" uberturbines.

I thought I'd share a side by side picture, the top is of the 20" m3p uber wheels, and the bottom is a pic of when the myp was delivered with the oem 21" uber staggered. Can't really discern the visual difference between the two, but the driving feel is different for sure.

Sick!!!

Initially , i ordered the black. Then wife convince me to go with the grey since it’s free. My first Y LR was white and I was washing it weekly. With black , I probably do the same. I’m getting lazy washing my car so I went with grey. 🤦‍♂️

Too bad tho , blue would be my next choice.

Sick!!!

Initially , i ordered the black. Then wife convince me to go with the grey since it’s free. My first Y LR was white and I was washing it weekly. With black , I probably do the same. I’m getting lazy washing my car so I went with grey. 🤦‍♂️

Too bad tho , blue would be my next choice.
I have a friend that recommended we get our model y's ceramic coated, which will protect the car from the elements. The detailer said they would also coat the rims, windows, and brake calipers too. Apparently it will make cleaning much easier and water beads off easy, and dirt washes away without scurbbing. I'll post my experiences with that in a few weeks.

Reactions: yellowr6
I have a friend that recommended we get our model y's ceramic coated, which will protect the car from the elements. The detailer said they would also coat the rims, windows, and brake calipers too. Apparently it will make cleaning much easier and water beads off easy, and dirt washes away without scurbbing. I'll post my experiences with that in a few weeks.
If you want to save yourself a few hundred dollars, ceramic cost it yourself. It’s not that much harder than waxing.

If you want to save yourself a few hundred dollars, ceramic cost it yourself. It’s not that much harder than waxing.

agreed. not hard, just time and patience.

i did the front end on my first Y. Second time around, I didn’t bother. Again, just getting lazy. 🤣

it’s liked ur first child , do everything and baby it. Second, whatever. Lol. Dont get me wrong tho, 8k miles and not a single scratch. Not even a door ding. I’m very careful where I park my car now and my surrounding. 😁😁

with my first Y, after the SC caused two dings on my doors when it was new, I was more relax. This time around, not bringing it in if its not an emergency! Lol

Reactions: MYUser
found this guy from craiglslist (also he's on FB) selling a bunch of model Y wheelset. Gemini, induction and Uber. He claimed he's getting them from Fremont Tesla for a great price and just turning them around. Since he had a bunch of 21", I ask for 4 fronts. Paid him 1600, comes with new AS tires and TPMS. Price was too good to pass on, I wanted AS tires for Tahoe and can't stop thinking of the Uber tires when I sold my original set with summer tires.

On the CPU, u can only choose 19, 20 or 21. I choose 21 but CPU probably read them as staggered. NO choice from square. I compared my speed with Waze. Under 50 mph, its the same. Once u pass 50, car read 1 mph faster than Waze. Oh well, nothing I can do about it now. I probably going to use these set for winter and Tahoe.
Great info in this thread. I'm looking to do something similar with my MYP. Either 1) square 21" uber setup or 2) 20 inch m3p uber setup. What the the handling and ride differences?

Also for the 20 inch ubers with factory tires, is it possible to keep those on?

Also in the bay area and have found the guy from Sacramento that sells a bunch of wheels.

agreed. not hard, just time and patience.

i did the front end on my first Y. Second time around, I didn’t bother. Again, just getting lazy. 🤣

it’s liked ur first child , do everything and baby it. Second, whatever. Lol. Dont get me wrong tho, 8k miles and not a single scratch. Not even a door ding. I’m very careful where I park my car now and my surrounding. 😁😁

with my first Y, after the SC caused two dings on my doors when it was new, I was more relax. This time around, not bringing it in if its not an emergency! Lol

I cant find those prices and I'm in Los Angeles area. You have a link?