Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

20" Uberturbine M3P Wheels do work on a MYP

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi TMC,

Just letting you know that the 20" m3p uberturbines do work on a myp! Swapped out the staggered 21" ubertubines at a local tire shop, and took off the smaller m3 size 20" tires to 255/40/20 tires which fit great. I calibrated and switched the software on the sevice tab on the center dash, changed to 20" induction wheels in the cpu because it dosen't list the 20" ubers. Honestly you can't tell on the avatar, it looks the same. Original myp lugnuts bolt on the m3p uber wheels, and the brake calipers fit fine. I'm happy with the result, and my new 21" staggered set is on sale in the San Francisco Bay Area now.

The pic below is of my car with the 20" ubers!

Attachments

• 20220727_223939.jpg
    20220727_223939.jpg
    272.6 KB · Views: 770
Should be more than adequate, the model 3 tires were switched out of them to the appropriate 255/40/20 size and 101y load rating that accommodates a 9" wheel width. The model 3 tires have a lower load rating, so you have to change out the tires to accommodate the load and tire size to the rims for a model y.

Reactions: yellowr6
I always thought the 20” M3P Uberturbines were the perfect wheel for the MY.
I believe the Uberturbines had an increased load rating in the past couple of years. There’s a thread somewhere discussing this. The newer Uberturbines are more than adequate for the MY.

Thanks for the responses. I wanted the oem look with efficiency of a 20" wheel. Its about a 12lb difference for the front (58lbs per tire vs 70lbs) and 20lbs for the staggered back (58lbs per tire vs 78lbs) that's a big difference for unsprung weight with a minimum visual change.

The vehicle does feel lighter and has more spring with a similar grip to the road.

Reactions: MJP.P3D-
Thanks for the responses. I wanted the oem look with efficiency of a 20" wheel. Its about a 12lb difference for the front (58lbs per tire vs 70lbs) and 20lbs for the staggered back (58lbs per tire vs 78lbs) that's a big difference for unsprung weight with a minimum visual change.

The vehicle does feel lighter and has more spring with a similar grip to the road.
How’s the road noise and the ride comfort compared to the 21s?

nice setup!

What’s ur avg wh/mi On ur 20”? Too soon to ask? Since u just install them. I’ll check back with u in a month or two.

im in ur area (south SF) so our roads and climate conditions are similar. I put in 19” Martian on my MYP and drove 8k miles. Avg 270 wh/mi. i just installed a brand new set of 21” uber with a square setup (all 255) and Michelin all season tires. Wanting to see what’s my efficiency . These will be my fall-winter set while my 19” will be for spring-summer set and road trips.

AD25552D-EED7-420B-B2A0-EB24B95998A5.jpeg

nice setup!

What’s ur avg wh/mi On ur 20”? Too soon to ask? Since u just install them. I’ll check back with u in a month or two.

im in ur area (south SF) so our roads and climate conditions are similar. I put in 19” Martian on my MYP and drove 8k miles. Avg 270 wh/mi. i just installed a brand new set of 21” uber with a square setup (all 255) and Michelin all season tires. Wanting to see what’s my efficiency . These will be my fall-winter set while my 19” will be for spring-summer set and road trips.

View attachment 834103
I thought about the Martians, but I like the look of ubers too much! I'll check back in about averages once I get some miles in on the 20" uber wheels!

Reactions: yellowr6
yup. Agreed with u. Still can’t beat the Ubers look!

i just did a 150 miles round trip today to Santa cruz and avg 270 wh/mi on my square 21”. Not bad, I’ll take it. 😁
270 wh/mi is great! Did you buy another set of 21" ubers and match 2 pairs of front, or does changing the back staggered tires from that larger size to the normal size matching the fronts make it a squared set-up? How would you tell the cpu that the 21s are a square setup? Maybe I should keep the 21s and use the rim set as a snow tire.

I put the 21“ Michelin Pilot All Seasons on our Model S hoping to get better tread life than the 14k miles we got with the Super Sports. They worked pretty well but were definitely noisier.
21s would definitely look great on
How’s the road noise and the ride comfort compared to the 21s?
They are quieter, but I know I could get an even quieter setup with different tires. I put on a set of kumho ecsta 255/40/20. Great price for what you get and has performance; it has a nice grip to the road. We also have a MYLR with 20" inductions and its almost the same in ride quality. With a performance version, the ride is still stiffer, but that's what I got myself into! Definitely not regretting the extra punch and zip!