Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

200 miles review: Michelin Pilot Sport All Season 4

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When it's time to change out the OK but not great OEM Michelin tires at 44k miles for my Model 3 LR AWD, I was going to order the Michelin Pilot Sport All Season 3+ since I had that on my GTI and really liked it. However the Pilot AS4 was listed as available in a week on tirerack.com so I went ahead and got this instead, and I'm glad I got it. While it didn't "transform" my car like going from Pep Boys tires to this, it was way better than the stock Michelin. The day I got the tires it was raining dogs and cats in DE and the tires handled the rain with confidence. Turn in response is sharper though not the same as PS 4 summer tires but that is to be expected. The stock suspension on the Model 3 isn't terrible but not great, so I can't say the car feels like on rails but it does take corners with more grip and confidence. Noise level is slightly higher and no droning at any speed up to 80, quite acceptable.

Overall I love these tires though the only drawback is that my efficiency went down by about 10 to 15%, so I'm losing about 25 to 35 miles of range per charge, but worth the trade-off. I would highly recommend this if you want all season tires.