Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2008 Tesla Roadster #245 For Sale

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well for $4K more you can get a brand new one to your specs so why would you buy that one !?!?!?!? Sounds like the premium prices are now gone....now just used car prices.

I dont undertsand the $4K more statement. Isn't $109K for a base car (+ options) The pre ownwd cars being offered are fully optioned cars that would cost roughly $125-128K to buy at todays online pricing..Reduce this by the 7500.00 rebate. which goes to original buyer..and net price is 118K-121K..+/_
Seems to me a savings of atleast $10-15K for a couple hundred miles makes sense..not to mention the car is available now. Color could play a factor and would be a sound reason to wait for a new car,but price for a mint used car makes alot of sense at todays used pricing...IMHO.

Stewart,

I understand that I was using a base price. My point was that the car is no longer commanding a premium price and now that it is driven off the lot the values have greatly depreciated. Unless this is a special Founder's Series or something. We keep seeing prices on Ebay drop and drop again and still no bids. Between the econmy and the shortened waiting list the demand has dwindled. Many people would rather wait a few months and get EXACTLY what they want. Especially when spending that much money for it.

Reactions: AtAge19
Stewart,

I understand that I was using a base price. My point was that the car is no longer commanding a premium price and now that it is driven off the lot the values have greatly depreciated. Unless this is a special Founder's Series or something. We keep seeing prices on Ebay drop and drop again and still no bids. Between the econmy and the shortened waiting list the demand has dwindled. Many people would rather wait a few months and get EXACTLY what they want. Especially when spending that much money for it.
Agreed
..however Ebay is not a strong indicator of a market..I am a car enthusiast and can tell you that many cars can be found on Ebay at substantially less than one would buy elsewhere..( car forums,auctions etc). However, unless there are an abundance of cars available long term this typically sorts itself out..For example, you can find a Ford GT on Ebay for $139K and up...Yet, the top GT traders in this country are selling everyone they can get for $160K up..Knowledge of the market and credibility goes a long way..
The Tesla has not caught the interest of enthusiasts or collectors [ at this point] IMHO.

Agreed
..however Ebay is not a strong indicator of a market..I am a car enthusiast and can tell you that many cars can be found on Ebay at substantially less than one would buy elsewhere..( car forums,auctions etc)..

I thought EBay has affected prices on collectibles across the board. There used to be books on pricing antique furniture, glass, toys, etc. Now if a retailer with a new lot of antiques wants to know how much each unknown item is worth with they will check EBay sales history.

EBay sales prices say worldwide what an item is worth.

No?

I thought EBay has affected prices on collectibles across the board. There used to be books on pricing antique furniture, glass, toys, etc. Now if a retailer with a new lot of antiques wants to know how much each unknown item is worth with they will check EBay sales history.

EBay sales prices say worldwide what an item is worth.

No?
I don't believe this is the case in collector car field..but then again I may not be right across the board.. I sold 3 cars in past 24 months ( 2-M6s,Ford GT, MB E55)and all were sold at prices above Ebay..substantially. Moreover, the buyers were very pleased and would never have considered buying these cars from an Ebay seller..
Some of the high end cars on Ebay are being listed by dealers to gain exposure but do not generate the sale..Thanks for sharing your perspective on other collectibles..:wink:

In my opinion he would have done better by listing his Pantera on various forums..ie: Pantera forum,Ford GT , Shelby etc..It may take a little longer but if it is a really nice car this is the way I would go .