Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2012 Tesla Model S 85Kwh White for Sale $95000

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, @tszu1,

I've been toying with buying a second Model S for the wife. But I think your price is a non-starter. A few questions...

Why are you selling?

Why does one screenshot say do not use slacker, maps or tune-in radio?

The picture of the dashboard screen says 32 mi on the odometer. Really?

What part of California? Will you ship the car or does the buyer have to pick it up at your house?

I configured the following trying to match your car:
S85
White paint
Pano
Tan leather
Extended Napa leather trim (guess)
Alcantara headliner (guess)
Piano Black deco
19" wheels
Tech
Air suspension
Supercharge hardware
Only one charger

and came up with $87320 (after $7500 federal tax credit). I suspect you paid quite a bit less, as the extended Napa leather trim and Alcantara headliner weren't separately priced back then ($4000 now). Pano roof was $1500 (or less?) versus $2500 now. Wasn't the smart air suspension $1500 (or less?) back then versus $2250 now? So I'm thinking your car as originally configured was closer to $87320 - $5750 = $81570. I'm sure someone has a copy of a price sheet from a year ago.

Plus the car is 10 months old, even if low mileage. No second charger.

What'm I missing?

Thanks,
Alan

Why does one screenshot say do not use slacker, maps or tune-in radio?

All the cars are delivered with those stickers. They are usually removed before you see it for the first time. They were still on mine when I picked it up. I asked my DS about it and he said that it's because it activates the 3G connection and costs them money. Tesla does not want the service center guys activating all the connections and streaming music all day over the 3G connection with Tesla footing the bill for it all just so they could jam to some punk rock while prepping the cars.

@tszu1 - sorry for coming across harshly. My points and questions are meant sincerely, not argumentively, but I could have phrased them in a more constructive way.

@SCW-Greg - thank you for your comment and causing me to re-read my post.

@SouthJerseyJon & particularly @yobigd20 - thanks for sticker explanations.

Alan

This car priced today, after $7500 tax credit, would be $88,820. Back in December, it would have cost $78,150. Not counting delivery and inspection fees.

Cars then had all the interior lighting, fog lights, alacantra headliner, etc.

Note, you can tell this car hasn't yet driven many miles, likely all factory test miles - check the energy graph. This is the way mine looked when delivered. It's entirely possible this car may still qualify for the tax credit.

This car priced today, after $7500 tax credit, would be $88,820. Back in December, it would have cost $78,150. Not counting delivery and inspection fees.

Cars then had all the interior lighting, fog lights, alacantra headliner, etc.

Note, you can tell this car hasn't yet driven many miles, likely all factory test miles - check the energy graph. This is the way mine looked when delivered. It's entirely possible this car may still qualify for the tax credit.

I thought only the first titled owner was eligible for the federal tax credit.

It also looks like that when you do the reset button (in the old firmware?) on the history for the energy chart.

The "32 mi" odometer is more telling. ;)

I'm a little concerned (for the car) w/r/t the charging history. No miles in 10 months. Was it plugged in all the time (and balancing) or rarely or ...?

- - - Updated - - -

Additional observations:
  • Tan interior, non-perf, single charger.
  • The 17" has what looks like the "car has been prepped for owner" note with...
    DO NOT USE
    SLACKER, MAPS
    OR TUNE-IN RADIO
  • The firmware looks to be 4.4 (1.31.11) with an update (4.5?) pending. The about window shows this; also the 3G and bar graph are separate icons (which implies < 4.5, IIRC).
  • (I think) Original dash vents (not the retrofit).
  • Chrome/metallic panels next to hatch latch (discontinued in later production, IIRC).
  • Fog lamps. Briefly discontinued, and then reintroduced as an option... IIRC.
  • No frunk cargo net in the pictures.

That's all I've got so far. :)