Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2013 Model S 90 W/SC01 Free Supercharging & Cellular Forever Damaged Roof

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
First off, I am helping a friend sell his Model S. It's kept here in Wisconsin for use when he's visiting his Vacation house. He lives out of state. I'm helping out as I'm in Wisconsin, though not local to where the car is, and he like driving cars, but not working on them or dealing with them in pretty much any way shape or form.

Here's the deal. Vehicle stored in a shed when he's not in Wisconsin by his vacation home. We had one last "Hurrah" of a snow storm, that was nasty, wet & heavy. The weight on the roof of the shed caused it to collapse. Photos attached, and will add more as I can get them. Photos compliments of the shed owner, a older man not very good with modern phones.

Current vehicle condition as best we can all tell. Major damage to vehicle roof, damage to hood, trunk, pretty much all glass is damaged. Vehicle was operational prior to the collapse. 12v battery is currently dead, PYRO fuse is not blown. We do not at this time want to mess around with trying to power it up.

HV Battery was brand new a month before warranty was up in 2021, and is a 90kWh pack, and appears to be one of of the new style 350v batteries (100 pack with 2 modules removed).

Components that do not appear to be affected: Onboard Charger, HV Battery, Drive Unit, Rims & Tires, Suspension. MCU & dash does not appear to have gotten wet

So taking offers on the vehicle. The new style 90 pack alone is worth 5-10k easy, good drive unit, good charger. Lets of excellent parts. Or if you don't mind a little elbow grease, you could get it running again.

Title is Clean & Clear, with no record of the damage. Same goes for Tesla, whom has no record of any of the damage. So if you fix it, it will retain supercharging and cellular. No insurance has been involved either, as he only had Liability, and the shed owner did not have the shed covered for contents. Yes, I know how bad of an idea it is to only have Liability. Already had that discussion with him, no need to bring it up here.

Another option, purchase it to part out, but add it to your tesla account. Then take Tesla up on the offer to strip free supercharging to get a new car with unlimited supercharging for 3-6 years! Lots of options here.
Any questions? Ask away, I'll to my best to answer or get the answers for you. Currently located in the Minocqua, Wi area.

Attachments

• IMG_0170.jpg
    IMG_0170.jpg
    932.7 KB · Views: 363
  • IMG_0171.jpg
    IMG_0171.jpg
    884.3 KB · Views: 139
  • IMG_0172.jpg
    IMG_0172.jpg
    797.1 KB · Views: 137
  • IMG_0173.jpg
    IMG_0173.jpg
    829.9 KB · Views: 132
  • IMG_0176.jpg
    IMG_0176.jpg
    641 KB · Views: 142
  • IMG_0168.jpg
    IMG_0168.jpg
    649 KB · Views: 130
Last edited:
No idea. It has not been powered up since the shed collapse. Battery is/should be fine, i'm sure 12v is shot by now, drive unit should be fine.

Either way, vehicle is now sold :) Arrangements between buyer and my friend are taking place. If something happens and deal falls through, I'll report back.