Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2014 Model S Nosecone

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I had the entire front end of my 2014 Model S wrapped with PPF including the nosecone. A few weeks ago, an odd crease appeared on the nosecone, but there is no paint damage whatsoever. It would appear someone backed in to me, which is interesting considering I park far away from other cars or into a gore if one is available.

I hate the idea of ordering a new one from Tesla when it seems this could be repaired pretty easily. My thought is that this part is probably ABS and if so, I might be able to heat it up with a heat gun and remove the crease. Does anyone know if this is possible? If not, how do I order the part? I really don't want to take it in to the SC because it seems like such an easy replacement based on videos I've watched. Also, if you order a new cone from Tesla, does it come with the chrome attached already or do you have to transfer the chrome from the old to the new?

Thanks in advance for your assistance!

You can purchase used nose cones on eBay or from a Tesla used parts supplier. Autobahn in CA. comes to mind. Autobahn Parts - Tesla

Some come with the chrome trim and others do not. Removing the chrome trim is not that easy. The clips are fragile and have a tendency to break. Also, the nose cone is difficult to work on as it is not easily secured to something other than the front of the car. Usually takes two people to get chrome trim off without too much breakage.

A heat gun is worth a try. Get an extra set of hands and wear some good gloves as that plastic will get very hot and will retain the heat.

If you have parking sensors on your cone that will limit your selection for "used" and can increase the price. New from Tesla is very expensive. You can purchase just the cone from Tesla.

I purchased a used cone a few years back with the chrome trim and after some minor cosmetic repairs and a good coat of primer, I had it wrapped in black gloss. MY original one was cosmetically repaired and wrapped in satin carbon fiber. I would switch out the cones from gloss black to carbon fiber if I was traveling on the highway.

Currently, I am repainting one of my nose cones to color match the car.