Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2014 Model S WHIRRRRRR coming from rear right

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My 2014 Model S just developed a low whirring sound coming from the rear right side of the car at 1-25MPH speeds. It doesn't seem to impact performance at all, I don't hear any other sounds, just a low whirring, sort of like a leafblower motor or something. I was able to record a vide of it. My drive unit is under warranty for another 4 months so if its something with that I'd love to get it fixed asap.

Here's a video clip:

Thanks!

Does it go away above 25 mph, or just becomes hard to hear above 25 mph due to road noise?
It becomes hard to hear, but between 1-25 or so, it's very noticeable. At a crawl (like barely pressing the pedal, say going out of garage) I don't hear it either, just under any form of acceleration. Above 25 (maybe 30) it's hard to hear over the road/tire noise.

This clip was recorded in my complex, going over speedbumps (you can hear the air suspension raising as i get near my house) but there's a definite lower whirrrrr over the regular higher pitched motor sound.