Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Loud noise coming from the front motor?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Good day,

Today this loud noise came from the front. It seems to be coming from the right side and I am not sure what it is. It does sound like something is broken, but suddenly it stopped. I drove a few miles and it has completely disappeared. However, I am pretty sure something is not ok (coming from the front electrical motor?) but so far no error messages on the screen. What can it be? See the short clip with the noise --> tesla-noise-clip

regards, Vincent

That doesn’t sound like a motor, but a rock between your caliper and the brake caliper shield/cover on your right front wheel. That’s my guess as I’ve had it happen before. Bend the brake caliper shield back using your fingers and see if a rock falls out. Worked for me. I did it on the side of the road with no tools in 10 seconds.

Upvote 0
Thank you so much for your response. It seems to be indeed a rock or something in the brake. It made a lot of weird loud noise, which I have never heard before with any other car. It is gone now. Tesla Service also confirmed that it must have been something in or in between the brake/wheel.

Reactions: ArtK
Upvote 0