Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2015 Model S 85D Instrument Panel Display Off

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The instrument panel display on my vehicle stopped yesterday. Did the reset with the two scroll buttons on the steering wheel, and did a power off with a 20 minute wait, but neither fix the issue. I looked at the fuse box under the front, but I don’t know how to diagnose the problem or which ones to replace or if they need to be replaced. I am working out of Temple Texas where the nearest service center is Austin and the soonest appointment is end of July. Would love to DIY this and just get the parts off Amazon and fix it but I also don’t want to f up my car. Would love any help.

I probably can't provide much actual help but knowing if your car had undergone either the upgrade from MCU1 to MCU2 or the eMMC daughterboard retrofit may help someone with more expertise.

In MCU1, separate Tegra systems run each respective display but with MCU2 the instrument cluster is driven off the same Intel Atom that runs the main MCU infotainment screen. That's about where my knowledge runs out though since I am not even sure if the instrument cluster on MCU2 uses regular LVDS like a laptop display or some specialized connection.

Likewise, with MCU1, if you've not had the eMMC issue addressed then it would be good to know if the older computer system is exhibiting any other signs of failure from that component (ex: excessive slowness, reboots, apps failing to load).