Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2016 Model X Signature - heated seats

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My 2016 Model X P90D Signature suddenly has lost heated seats for the back rows. Has anyone encountered this?

Also it is running software 2020.48.37.8, shouldn’t it be more updated than this?
-No

-Maybe

ok let me elaborate

-No I've never experienced it, honestly forgot I even had that feature, just went out to my car and turned on the seat heaters for all six seats and they worked fine. Check fuses first then if necessary call service.

- Yes there are newer updates for Signature X's running MCU 2 . I have MCU2 and the car recently received 2021.36.5.1. If you still have MCU1 it's possible you are limited to a less frequent update schedule? Any other Sig X owners out there?

Upvote 0
MCU2 upgrade with radio. I am on 2021.40.8 and all my seats as well as the steering wheel and windshield heaters work.
The upgrade is worth EVERY PENNY of the cost to upgrade. I can now use the internet and the navigation system again. I was getting all kinds of freezes, voice command not understood and erratic reboots before the upgrade. All disappeared with the upgrade, responsiveness is now better than new. Think about getting the upgrade before getting a new model!

Upvote 0
My 2016 Model X P90D Signature suddenly has lost heated seats for the back rows. Has anyone encountered this?

Also it is running software 2020.48.37.8, shouldn’t it be more updated than this?
I have a 2016 P90D Model X build number 569 so it is just out of the Signature range. I have not yet had my MCU1 serviced or updated. I am running 2020.48.37.8 as well.

Upvote 0
I am getting my sig x serviced and they have me a titanium (basically taupe) model x loaner, obviously 2016 since that color was discontinued later, VIN ends in about ~8000 , and the VERY FIRST THING I NOTICED is it had MCU1. (Once you've upgraded to MCU2, the older one is just punishing, there's no comparison.). Anyway it's still on 2020.48.37.2.

Upvote 0