Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2016 MS 75 RWD | FULLY LOADED | 6500 MILES

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Purchased Jan2017 as a 60 then upgraded to 75 April2017.
SiriusXM capable with Sunroof.
Located in Denver. $70K firm.

Attachments

• Tesla75specs.jpg
    Tesla75specs.jpg
    162.9 KB · Views: 124
Brand new fully loaded 75D after rebate is $72.7.

If you gave us the sticker price (cropped from the picture), subtract $25-30k in depreciation + $7500 rebate for a reasonable estimate.
$25-30k + $7500 is probably a bit extreme.

Teslas have a very odd depreciation curve, likely due to the high value in parts which seems to set a "floor" of around $30k. They *usually* depreciate pretty rapidly in the first couple of years (especially top end ones), but start to level out in the $40-50k range after a few years. Between $50k and the low 60s you can find an amazing range of Teslas. I've seen 2014 S60s in that range (some $55k +), and 2016 S75s. And you can even see people trying to get just below $50k for 2013s with nearly 100k miles (they won't actually get that price, but they are trying to).

Prices on 2016s are all over the map, and often don't make sense when you compare to the price of a new one, as you point out. A fully informed person would not pay $70k+ for a 2016 when they can get a brand new 2018 for only a few thousand more, after factoring in the federal tax credit. Also consider state credits in the states near where the vehicle is being sold. In this case, Colorado has a $5k sales tax credit for EVs. That further depresses how much a person in that state would be willing to spend for a 2016 Tesla (assuming they are fully informed), although it might not impact what buyers from other states would be willing to spend.

Reactions: Icer
eBay ad: 2016 Tesla Model S | eBay
I'll include a free bag of oranges!
My wife uses a Perrier plastic water bottle in the lower left or right opening in our S and it works perfectly. In our Model X the steering input to turn off the prompt is much harder and this will not work. Tesla service says our X is within specs but it is different than our S other X loaners we have had. Not sure if the higher effort is correct as our experience is different o_O