Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2016 Tesla Model X 60D (Sept)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

number12

Supporting Member
Aug 16, 2016
Tesla
Model X 60D
All-Wheel Drive
Solid Black Paint
20" Silver Wheels
Black Leather Seats
Dark Ash Wood Décor
Front Console
Light Headliner
Six Seat Interior
Supercharger Enabled
High Amperage Charger Upgrade
Autopilot Convenience Features
Premium Upgrades Package
Smart Air Suspension
Towing Package

VIN 189XX
Miles 5xx (at time of posting)

Price: best reasonable offer at or above trade in value (will update when I hear back)

Attachments

• IMG_4557.JPG
    IMG_4557.JPG
    614.7 KB · Views: 347
  • IMG_4541.JPG
    IMG_4541.JPG
    250.3 KB · Views: 302
Two additional points.

I'm trading in for another X so price has to be high enough over trade to cancel out tax benefit. For example $90,000 and I would pay to have it shipped to you next week.

Also X is still is on latest of 7.1. Can be easily downloaded to v8, but some might find the choice valuable.

Why are you trading it in so quickly on another X? Is there something wrong with it? I'll be curious to hear what sort of offer you get. I have a face lifted Model S 70D from June 2016 ... 7k miles ... $84k sticker, and Tesla offered me $66k trade in value. So I'd expect you'll see a similar 20% loss, especially now that v2 hardware for autopilot is around the bend. I really would love a Model X but the car needs to be at least $10-15k off MSRP to account for the lack of tax benefit I'd get plus the fact it is used. Let us know what Tesla offers you, VERY curious and interested...

I'm interested. Sticker on that car was around $92k? So, after federal tax $7500 credit you paid about $84.5k? What sort of value are you looking to sell for?

Just best offer. Offer has to be slightly higher than teslas offer (because of tax savings on trade in). They have not responded yet.

Have had several offers in high 70s. I'm assuming Tesla/CarMax comes back at low 80s + tax savings.

I don't mind keeping till 2017, but if get acceptable offer I will pay to ship anywhere in US in a couple days time.

You're expecting an offer only $10k off MSRP? Seems quite hopeful. I suspect you'll find much lower than that-- both from CarMax and Tesla. Keep us posted though. If you can get $80k you're doing pretty good for a used Tesla especially trade-in. But my bet is $80k retail is most you'd get. My money is on a $75k trade offer.

• Helpful
Reactions: davidc18
You're expecting an offer only $10k off MSRP? Seems quite hopeful. I suspect you'll find much lower than that-- both from CarMax and Tesla. Keep us posted though. If you can get $80k you're doing pretty good for a used Tesla especially trade-in. But my bet is $80k retail is most you'd get. My money is on a $75k trade offer.
Not a whole lot of supply of ready Xs out there. And forum thread probably will not yield me best result, but you are probably on the money numbers wise. I got some 75k offers hours of posting... so I'm thinking end range will be higher than that, but who knows

• Informative
Reactions: davidc18
@number12 what did tesla offer you as a trade? Not sure about The state you are in but in AZ I get the trade in credit reducing the sales tax owed. That amount on $75k is almost $5k making the trade really worth $80k.
I believe it's same in my state. They have not responded yet.. that's why offer here has to be higher Than trade to out weigh convenience and tax savings. Hope to hear soon