Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017-2020 Model 3 USB-C Retrofit (Rear AC Vent, Console USB-C Hub and Adapters) kit

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All, I put together a set of parts for a USB-C retrofit for my 2018 Model 3, but sold the car before I could install these parts.

This package includes:

- 1x Brand New OEM Rear Passenger Air Vent with 2 27w Type C Ports. (M3, CONSOLE, REAR AIR VENT PAN ASY, PREM Part #: 1111072-00-E)

- 1x Brand New OEM Front USB Hub for 27w output. (USB HUB FRONT Part #: 1522264-00-B)

- 2x Adapters to convert the power to full 27w per port.

This is everything you need to update your 2018-2020 car to a USB-C fast charging 2021+ model!

Here are the details of the installation: (Rear Passenger air vent upgrade to USB-C is a very very quick 2 mins job!)

mrrobertsscience.com

Tesla Model 3 Center Console USB Upgrade Procedure - MrRobertsScience

In early 2020, after the Model Y started shipping with USB-C charging ports, Tesla started shipping Model 3’s with the upgraded parts. A pre-upgrade Model 3 has a hub with two USB-A ports in the console, and two USB-A ports below the rear vent. A post-upgrade Model 3 has 1 USB-A port, and 1...
mrrobertsscience.com

The rear unit plugs in and is usable in matter of minutes, and you’ll be fast charging in no-time. The front hub could take an hour or so depending on your proficiency!

Asking 220 for the full kit. Local pickup only (for now)

Reactions: soloyosh