Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 Model S 75 AP2 For Sale in Florida

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A somewhat unfortunate update here - I went to BMW to take delivery of my new M340i today and they decided due to the current economic situation that they were lowering my Tesla trade in amount by $7,000 in order to complete the deal. This is obvious garbage on a custom built order where we locked the deal in January and I placed a deposit, etc.. No one could have known the current climate would take place, but I even offered to bring my Tesla in for trade in January to prevent something like this from happening as I had other vehicles to drive, so quite frustrated.

I've convinced them to facilitate all the paperwork on an in and out sale of the Tesla if I find a buyer to bring to them.

If anyone is interested, this car can be had for $47,500 (or make an offer) plus the standard tax/tag/title this upcoming weekend at BMW of Ocala in Ocala, FL. They will also finance it directly through their dealership if interested/needed.

Please contact me if interested.

Sorry to hear that. I would tell them to lower the bmw price by 7k due to your circumstance as well. Not many people are buying any type of car now. Such a bait and switch and not the first time I have heard of such games at bmw stealerships. Hope the new car is worth it.

Definitely an unusual situation and obviously unprecedented times we are living. I suspect they just don’t want to add another Tesla to their lot that they feel they can’t sell. I have purchased a lot of BMWs in the past and the quality of their car and service brand has always been impressive. Things are obviously going well enough for them during this time to not worry about a custom ordered inventory item and they claimed they’ve been as busy as they’ve ever been the last three weeks. Premium car buyers and employees aren’t affected by what’s taking place right now.

BMW makes some great cars for sure. my buddy's M550 is a beast with that 8 cyl engine. I am not trying to argue and hope you get what you want and also a fair deal. I have just had this type of issue myself and know many others too with the bait and switch no matter the excuse of the moment. It still doesn't add up to me if they are that busy to treat a repeat customer like that, esp with the 7% they typically get on price and their typically undisclosed 5% holdback on a custom order that doesn't sit in the lot. Plus volume incentives if they are doing that well because their national numbers are way down BMW of North America Reports Q1 2020 Sales Results.

BMW makes some great cars for sure. my buddy's M550 is a beast with that 8 cyl engine. I am not trying to argue and hope you get what you want and also a fair deal. I have just had this type of issue myself and know many others too with the bait and switch no matter the excuse of the moment. It still doesn't add up to me if they are that busy to treat a repeat customer like that, esp with the 7% they typically get on price and their typically undisclosed 5% holdback on a custom order that doesn't sit in the lot. Plus volume incentives if they are doing that well because their national numbers are way down BMW of North America Reports Q1 2020 Sales Results.

Agreed - definitely not sticking up for them. This is bad business and not acceptable.

It’s unfortunate that the trade value has declined so much but in reality the real world values have declined evidenced by Tesla selling brand new LR S100 "D" cars discounted into the upper $60’s. Unfortunately as a business the BMW dealer looks at numbers and can’t be expected to take a loss, business is business. The actual trade value would probably optimistically be around $40k but combined with your trade tax savings puts you at and additional $2,800 so with over 40,000 miles approximately $42,800 ish is realistic for an S75 trade. The term "Stealership" used above is unjustified when Tesla themselves would currently offer the same or less on a trade. Tesla just offered us less than $50k for a pristine 20,000 mile ‘16 Performance S to put this in perspective. Your car looks nice in the pictures and those white ventilation seats are the best ones offered in the S or X in my opinion, we have the same.

Last edited:
Tesla's trade offers on their own have consistently been $8k-$10k low so given the climate that isn't too surprising.

Mostly for me I don't care what has happened with prices - it's no one's fault that this global situation has come out of nowhere, but it is the dealership's fault for telling me that prices would be held until delivery when I locked this order on 1/4/2020. Probably my fault for not forcing them to do a pre-trade while I waited for the order to be built.

Last edited:
It’s unfortunate that the trade value has declined so much but in reality the real world values have declined evidenced by Tesla selling brand new LR S100 "D" cars discounted into the upper $60’s. Unfortunately as a business the BMW dealer looks at numbers and can’t be expected to take a loss, business is business. The actual trade value would probably optimistically be around $40k but combined with your trade tax savings puts you at and additional $2,800 so with over 40,000 miles approximately $42,800 ish is realistic for an S75 trade. The term "Stealership" used above is unjustified when Tesla themselves would currently offer the same or less on a trade. Tesla just offered us less than $50k for a pristine 20,000 mile ‘16 Performance S to put this in perspective. Your car looks nice in the pictures and those white ventilation seats are the best ones offered in the S or X in my opinion, we have the same.

I wish I could buy a 2016 P100D in the 50's! I definitely agree those white ventilated seats are the absolute best ones.

Tesla's trade offers on their own have consistently been $8k-$10k low so given the climate that isn't too surprising.

Mostly for me I don't care what has happened with prices - it's no one's fault that this global situation has come out of nowhere, but it is the dealership's fault for telling me that prices would be held until delivery when I locked this order on 1/4/2020. Probably my fault for not forcing them to do a pre-trade while I waited for the order to be built.
I bought a couple new BMW’s last year and we love them, one of which was a custom build X1 (rare color /interior color combo) from Europe, the other was a custom/loaded up new X5 Msport from Spartanburg, S.C. The European X1 was less than 2 months to our door. It was very interesting, we were able to track it online from the factory to the port on its way across the ocean. How much of a discount are you getting off the new BMW? And does that almost make up for the discounted trade? If it makes you feel any better Tesla recently offered me $30k less than I paid for a few month old X5 with 1,500 miles against a Performance X. Tesla might qualify as a Stealership:eek:

This is my third custom built BMW since 2011 - it's a pretty cool and pretty seamless process typically.

This one was actually delivered to the Performance Center in Spartanburg and was scheduled for Performance Center Delivery, road course usage, factory tour, etc. which was obviously cancelled due to COVID-19.