Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 Model S 75D AP2.5 - 5K Miles - EAP - White - Bay Area, CA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A new 75D with same specs with free supercharging for life (with referral code), minus the extended warranty and maintenance plans a d dashcam (both which can be cancelled with a pro-rated refund and dashcam can be removed) goes for $81K. This is before the federal tax credit of $7,500 and possibly $2,500 CVRP (CA state rebate, income based).
So, it's really hard to decide between a used car with over 5k miles for $75k vs a new car for $71k.
View attachment 296674
Thank you for detailed calculation! Already got offers that close to the posted price, it looks like not everyone can get the federal tax and the CA rebate. Also, those prepaid services aren't refundable in my case. Thanks always.
Sounds like a no-brainer for anyone with a decent AGI ... buy the new car from Tesla for $71K :cool:

i personally think this is a very reasonable / good deal... I for 1 would not discount the value of the extended warranty and the 2 years of service that has a retail value of $5500... it is practically new and i think this guy is being more than fair if you include these extra things like the dashcam and so forth...

to me the only downside is the lack of free supercharging with MY referral code..on a new one but the value of that benefit is very relative to driving habits and how you are using the car... My car hasn't left this 40 mile radius in 2 years...

By the way as a point of interest, as i understand it, if you bought another Tesla the service things you have could be transferred to the other car. I do not think it is refundable but i do believe it is transferable.

i personally think this is a very reasonable / good deal... I for 1 would not discount the value of the extended warranty and the 2 years of service that has a retail value of $5500... it is practically new and i think this guy is being more than fair if you include these extra things like the dashcam and so forth...

to me the only downside is the lack of free supercharging with MY referral code..on a new one but the value of that benefit is very relative to driving habits and how you are using the car... My car hasn't left this 40 mile radius in 2 years...

By the way as a point of interest, as i understand it, if you bought another Tesla the service things you have could be transferred to the other car. I do not think it is refundable but i do believe it is transferable.

Thank you for the write up, appreciate it!

Since selling the car is a way to ease the financial situation, I’m not gonna buy a Tesla again, probably a cheap family car.

• Funny
Reactions: xyeahtony
I have same build date and my seats are exactly as his are??
no look closely. the rear seats are the newer ones from after they changed it in july, but the front seats are still the "old" design (there is one stitch line that used to be there on the old seats but not there anymore on the newer ones produced after they changed it in july).

dont worry, even the guys at my local showrooms did not know about this. explained to them and showed how

no look closely. the rear seats are the newer ones from after they changed it in july, but the front seats are still the "old" design (there is one stitch line that used to be there on the old seats but not there anymore on the newer ones produced after they changed it in july).

dont worry, even the guys at my local showrooms did not know about this. explained to them and showed how
Ok help me out I'm looking for what exactly? One stitch line where?