Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 S75D blue/ultra-white/black, AirSusp, premium lighting, subzero

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you go to ev-cpo and search for an S75D with white interior in the U.S., you'll find exactly one result, priced $88,200. It doesn't show me where it's located, but it comes up on ev-cpo when you select US. I can't find anything else, the $80k one seems to be gone.

And anyway, I wouldn't buy used from Tesla.

My car comes with the remaining manufacturer's warranty (started June 2017) - that's four years from that date B2B, and eight years drivetrain (which is probably somewhat valuable).

I've had plenty of low-ballers with my ads on Craigslist and, naturally, on eBay. I have stated that I'm looking for something in the KBB range ($62-$70k if I remember right), and beyond that -- it's up to anyone interested to make an offer. As for your offer, I did not take you up on it because it didn't fall into a zone of possible agreement, and you seem to have pretty strong thoughts about the value.

I'll post the final price here in a couple of days.

GLWS, I would have paid you $62k, but you never countered. Now I won't seeing as how more and more AP2 with FSD are popping up, and I'm negotiating on an 18 for a few $K more with FSD, so to me 17s like yours and without the $42k FSD, are in the $60k area.
GLWS

Updating the post for your reference. I had an offer for 66k in early Feb (didn’t take, wanted to get more data). Then, in early March, I got two offers for 65k and negotiated one to 66k. That includes a wall charger and some extra charging cables.

This was somewhere near the middle of the private party sale range for a vehicle in excellent condition. I’m happy, the buyer is happy, and given that there were three other offers, i don’t think either of us left any money on the table.

I’m thinking that in a market of many cars sold without test drive, the prices seem dramatically lower than where the car can be inspected. Or there is wishful thinking and a bias towards hand-picking examples or cars that sold far below market price. Sellers, beware :)

Updating the post for your reference. I had an offer for 66k in early Feb (didn’t take, wanted to get more data). Then, in early March, I got two offers for 65k and negotiated one to 66k. That includes a wall charger and some extra charging cables.

This was somewhere near the middle of the private party sale range for a vehicle in excellent condition. I’m happy, the buyer is happy, and given that there were three other offers, i don’t think either of us left any money on the table.

I’m thinking that in a market of many cars sold without test drive, the prices seem dramatically lower than where the car can be inspected. Or there is wishful thinking and a bias towards hand-picking examples or cars that sold far below market price. Sellers, beware :)
WOW you did incredibly well, perfect timing before the sale! I hope the buyers don’t see the brand new S100D’s being blown out for the same price and even less, that would kill me. The smokin deals were the new inventory S100D’s with the software limited battery added in for an additional $4k discount (335 range reduced to 270) putting them at just over $60k, that’s even before tax incentives....

Interesting. I would be lucky indeed. But like I said, I got three offers around that price range, so...I have data :)

I just priced a non-inventory S 100D with the same config I had (white seats, blue, autopilot), and it came to $91,000 before sales tax (i.e., plus 6% or thereabouts, depending on location). The cheapest inventory car is a black S100 with 335 mi range for US$80,700. For white interior, the cheapest one is a 2018 S100D for 87k. There's a white-white 2018 S75D for 71k. Can you send a link?

Interesting. I would be lucky indeed. But like I said, I got three offers around that price range, so...I have data :)

I just priced a non-inventory S 100D with the same config I had (white seats, blue, autopilot), and it came to $91,000 before sales tax (i.e., plus 6% or thereabouts, depending on location). The cheapest inventory car is a black S100 with 335 mi range for US$80,700. For white interior, the cheapest one is a 2018 S100D for 87k. There's a white-white 2018 S75D for 71k. Can you send a link?
You are not searching properly. If you don’t have the ability to search, just talk to a sales advisor they can get you data. There are P100D cars cheaper than you are finding. My point wasn’t that you sold your car for x amount, it was just that you clearly did better than Tesla is getting for new cars right now. Just do some searching. PS you also mentioned plus sales tax, your buyer will have to also pay the same tax on a used car as new so that doesn’t come into play.

My point wasn’t that you sold your car for x amount, it was just that you clearly did better than Tesla is getting for new cars right now.

I can't corroborate it, but I wouldn't be surprised if they're selling cars that come banged up and really worn for their age. That's the impression I got from Rich's Youtube stories about buying that used X.

Ultimately, offer price is not market value.

PS you also mentioned plus sales tax, your buyer will have to also pay the same tax on a used car as new so that doesn’t come into play.

Correct. In this case, it was 0%: the buyer didn't have to pay sales tax, as that was free for EVs in NJ. That applies to new vehicles, too.

I can't corroborate it, but I wouldn't be surprised if they're selling cars that come banged up and really worn for their age. That's the impression I got from Rich's Youtube stories about buying that used X.

Ultimately, offer price is not market value.

Correct. In this case, it was 0%: the buyer didn't have to pay sales tax, as that was free for EVs in NJ. That applies to new vehicles, too.
So it’s apples to apples, tax is irrelevant on used or new, I just mentioned it because you mentioned plus 6% on a new one depending on where you live, it’s also 6% tax on a used one also depending on where you live. That’s why I said tax is irrelevant. NJ is an awesome state to buy EV’s because of the tax exemption, a buddy of mine lives there and I tried to get him to buy a new one now that they are cheaper than used. He likes gas cars though.