Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2018 Key Fob Lost in Center Console

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a March 2018 S (MCU 2) with the premium interior. My key fob is somewhere in the front of the center console. I couldn't find it for 2+ weeks. Finally took every loose article out of the car the swerved back and forth and can hear it sliding around, presumably in front of the console. Anybody know how to take the center console out? I can only find instructions on the older version. Thanks!

Are you sure it's in the front, not back of console? The fob doesn't really fit through that slot on my 2018, unless perhaps if you pushed it. If you take out the cup holders, close the cell phone holder flap, and reach backward there is quite some room underneath in that compartment.

You might try fishing around with a magnetic pick-up tool like this:
www.amazon.com/MAG-MATE-900WF-Bendable-Magnetic-Pickup/dp/B01A0HKTG2/ref=sr_1_14?keywords=magnetic+probe&qid=1557098474&s=gateway&sr=8-14

While the key fob isn't magnetic, the battery inside is. So, you may have some luck pulling it out of it's hiding place.
There are also cheap wireless endoscopes that use your smart phones display that might be helpful in finding and grabbing it.

Both of these gadgets can be useful for many other purposes....and could even save you money on a colonoscopy.