Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How To Cancel/Remove A Key Fob From Early (2015) Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have lost one of my key fobs so I now want to stop that key fob being able to open my car, a 2015 Model S P85D. When I search for how to do this I have found a few places telling me to go to Controls -> Locks to manage the fobs but I do not have that option on my system. When I go to Locks I see a top down image of the car and can unlock the front and back etc. but no option to go into a Locks menu. I assume this is because it is an older model car, I have the latest available software installed.

I can't see any option in the app for managing key fobs.

Anybody know how can I stop the lost key fob from opening my car ?

Thanks

Legacy S/X keys have to be managed by service center I believe.
Thanks for your reply E90Alex. Because of your answer I called my nearest service centre and they confirmed that for my year car it is something that they have to do. I live a few hours away from my nearest service centre so they are going to see if they can do it remotely but, if not, I will have to drive to the centre.

Upvote 0
FYI for anyone else in this situation: I heard back from the service centre and they can't do it remotely but can do it as part of a mobile service. So I am meeting a mobile technician about halfway between me and the service centre. I pay AU$270 for a new key and there might be another charge for disabling the old key (not sure yet). Travel time for the technician is free :)

Upvote 0
Make sure both fob’s are present during the programming (current and new), this will clear the previous keys and your new set will be added to the car.
Thanks KalJoMoS. The Tesla service person did emphasize that I should bring all my current fobs with me. Maybe the process is to remove all currently active fobs from the car before adding new fobs (which will be my one remaining fob and the new fob).

Upvote 0