Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2018 S75D Used Price Thoughts - Just test drove it...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey,

Posted this in S thread and it has almost 100 views and no responses. Seem to be some good active users in the for sale threads with price opinions so I'll post here.

I just test drove a 2018 75D with 13,000 miles, cloth seats, dark grey interior with 19" Black wheels, power liftgate and it’s priced at $58,000. I did notice it only has cruise control so I’ll assume the previous owner (Enterprise RAC) didn’t have autopilot enabled for liability reasons and certainly didn't pay for FSD. The car is spotless inside and out so even though it was a rental, it doesn't appear to be beaten up in any way.

Thank you in advance for your answers

Questions:
1. How much are we talking to add autopilot and FSD after purchase?
2. Tesla just enables that over the air once purchased right? Still a bit of a noob in my search so forgive my ignorance!
3. Thoughts on price at $58k? Think it’s decent with low miles but no autopilot or FSD could get expensive and make it not as good a deal as it appears.
4. I like the bigger size of the S as it's closer to the full size cars I've driven previously but am not opposed to a new 3LR that already has FSD or a P3 used. Convince me what you like better and why in the $60k to under price range.

Answer away good people!

all black and i'm not driving a black car that shows every speck of dirt in the AZ sun. It is a rental but I know what Enterprise charges per day for a Tesla rental as my buddy is an area manager there. Its not cheap at their premium car locations so its not like they were renting it to any bum that walked into a branch with a busted car.

I honestly expected to see scuff marks all over the interior and especially foot marks on the door trim but it doesn't have a scratch on its interior or exterior. 2018 with 3 years of full warranty and 7 years of battery warranty left also helps with the concern of it being a rental for 13,000 miles

all black and i'm not driving a black car that shows every speck of dirt in the AZ sun. It is a rental but I know what Enterprise charges per day for a Tesla rental as my buddy is an area manager there. Its not cheap at their premium car locations so its not like they were renting it to any bum that walked into a branch with a busted car.

I honestly expected to see scuff marks all over the interior and especially foot marks on the door trim but it doesn't have a scratch on its interior or exterior. 2018 with 3 years of full warranty and 7 years of battery warranty left also helps with the concern of it being a rental for 13,000 miles

I recommend going with a LR AWD M3. More current tech than the MS and it will be new and have autopilot/FSD. And, you get to pick your own color and determine how much flogging it will see - unlike the rental that probably was flogged every time it was rented. Opinions may vary.

• Helpful
Reactions: EA40
Wont drive an AP1 car. I have long drives to work and the ability for navigate on AP or upgrade to it by paying a bit more after the fact is a must have for me.

Here's what pisses me off about Tesla used cars. Sometime (maybe a month ago) they removed Autopilot from all the newer versions after AP1. They are basically stripping their used cars and forcing the new owner to buy it all. Nothing wrong with that other than its a change from the vehicles I looked at a month ago on their site that came with EAP or the AP 2.5 (think thats right). That and the $2,000 for shipping it anywhere in the USA is an overpriced joke. Finally their used car program is a pathetic excuse for a program...just give us $2,500 and we'll get you the car but you can't drive it because trust us, it works fine and the semi close pictures we took should be enough to see how the car was treated. I'm assigned to a "used vehicle sales advisor" and frankly I got his one auto reply when I first inquired and he hasn't responded to 3 subsequent emails.

Sorry, long rant there. I would only buy a new car directly from Tesla given my experience with the used putz I'm "assigned to".

Appreciate the opinions posted so far and keep em coming! The good news is I don't need a car today or ever as my Hyundai Sonata gets 38mpg. So I have time to think and look around while being patient...its just the want side of me to get into a Tesla now :D

AP1? If you were reacting to prior post linked to a refresh 2016 and 2017 S, those are not AP1 cars. If your other post was ignored, it’s probably because you are asking a lot of basic questions that have been addressed countless times here and you seem to be expecting a lengthy response. There is a good search capability for these forums.

• Disagree
Reactions: EA40
AP1? If you were reacting to prior post linked to a refresh 2016 and 2017 S, those are not AP1 cars. If your other post was ignored, it’s probably because you are asking a lot of basic questions that have been addressed countless times here and you seem to be expecting a lengthy response. There is a good search capability for these forums.

No need for a response chief. Appreciate the other posters giving me their opinion and thoughts while helping a newer to Tesla person out with valuable information. Also helpful to not scroll through poor search results that are countless pages long filled with responses like yours.

• Disagree
Reactions: cucubits