Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019.28.2 (320fba0)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Mine for my car appear correct. I haven’t looked at anyone else’s car :)

I think one could look yourself with a free trial of Teslafi?? I’ve never tried any 3rd party app as I don’t trust anyone with a token to my car that tells them where it is and lets them unlock it :)

If someone gave me a token to check their car I could compare a HW3 car’s option codes to mine... right after I said I don’t trust my token to anyone ... LOL.

I’d trust Teslafi for 5 minute maybe. You can revoke the token after using it.

Do you have HW3? The specific posts I remember reading were around some of the option codes (like the post I linked to) and HW3 not showing up properly via teslafi.

I dont have teslafi and dont intend to sign up for it for the same reason you mentioned. I was just mentioning it because I remember reading a few different posts about the option codes in model 3 being wrong, likely the same as the person who mentioned it upthread.

Do you have HW3? The specific posts I remember reading were around some of the option codes (like the post I linked to) and HW3 not showing up properly via teslafi.

I dont have teslafi and dont intend to sign up for it for the same reason you mentioned. I was just mentioning it because I remember reading a few different posts about the option codes in model 3 being wrong, likely the same as the person who mentioned it upthread.

I have HW2.5.

Well there may be errors, it is Tesla ... but someone has decoded the options and added them to the documentation so I assume that means they’ve been seen in the wild.

Teslafi also reports non-zero number of cars with AP 3.0, although ... it is a small number ... and they all seem to be S or X... so maybe the 3 codes are unique from the S and X?

100:1 ratio of 2.5:3? Hmmm...

Autopilot 3 Totals - 50 Active Cars

Software Version Count Percent
2019.24.4 73fb1ab 28 56%
2019.20.4.3 57296af 9 18%

Autopilot 2.5 Totals - 5072 Active Cars

For what will not be the last time (lol), Teslafi can’t distinguish between HW2.5 and HW3.

Where does this info come from then?

TeslaFi.com Firmware Tracker

1112208C-53CB-44B2-BCB7-6EFD4DD860FF.jpeg

For what will not be the last time (lol), Teslafi can’t distinguish between HW2.5 and HW3.

Thanks to some links by @jjrandorin I would say this statement should presently be qualified to apply only to the Model 3, which as a cost savings effort (? :D) seems to be giving all the cars the basic set of black paint option codes :)

Model S and X however do appear to be reporting if they have HW3 to Teslafi. They have 50 such cars in their fleet (all S and X, no 3s).

e.g. for 24.4 there are 28 AP3, but 0 are 3s, all S and X...

381A8CF3-950F-4301-9D35-6E75D4C75F7F.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: jjrandorin
This is a Model 3 forum and HW3 is not distinguishable on TeslaFi.

This is a Model 3 forum and you have just repeated a factually incorrect statement. “TeslaFi” applies to all Teslas. You can’t make a blanket statement about TeslaFi and have an implicit filter for Model 3 just because of the forum.

The correct statement is “HW3 is not distinguishable (currently) on TeslaFi for Model 3s”.

... also, I already said this, twice:
Model 3 […] Zero HW3

So I’ve had my M3 with HW 3 for 2 months now and haven’t received a single update. I’m still running 2019.20.
I’ve called support and they tell me that there is nothing wrong and that there just isn’t any updates available for my car at this point. This doesn’t make any sense to me since there are obviously a lot of updates out in the last two months.
Anyone else experiencing the same thing?

Are there any M3 owners with HW3 out there who received either 28.1 or 28.2? Teslafi shows no HW3 M3 installations at this point - just AP 2.5 and lower... :(

I think we established that teslafi will not show model 3 owners with hardware 3 anything, because teslafi does not currently identify hardware 3 in model 3s. I dont use it, dont look at it, but have read in a few different places (including proof in this thread) that teslafi does not correctly identify all model 3 options correctly, including hardware 3.

You are going to have to depend on people telling you instead of teslafi.

Reactions: darth_vad3r
Teslafi is pretty buggered up right now in most of its reporting. Below is how my Raven Performance S with HW3 reports. I really don't think there is an 85D out there with a VIN in the 332xxx range with 1700km and AutoPilot 2.5 on it.

Clearly can't shake loose my previous car, yet the API reports correctly, except for the AP version, which reports APH3 instead of APH4.

Screen Shot 2019-08-03 at 10.24.55 PM.png

If Teslafi is even marginally accurate, it appears the 28.1 and 28.2 release has slowed down to a trickle, before it even got started... o_O I wonder if the spigot has closed due to bugs found or reported? :confused: Seems odd that Tesla drops 28.1, then less than 24 hours later drops 28.1, then tightens the spigot down to a mild drip. :rolleyes: Thoughts? :)

I think there may be a trend going on releases, where HW3 cars get updated on day four or later. That’s what I’ve seen since getting the M3 after four updates now.
Right, and sometimes I see things in the notes that lead people to think it is new when the feature has been there awhile. Example, in this release is a note about lowering the volume of music when a door is opened. Uh, that has been in our S and X for 3 years, so I wonder what is different. Is that just new for the 3?

• Informative
Reactions: T-Mom