Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019 Model 3 Tint / Roof Question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
hi, live near Victorville, Ca. Temp daily around 100F. always near top of roof, heat is excessive, can feel heat on my head, in fact. Am assuming car is built for this type of heat stress. But to minimize heat dissipation thru glass roof, would simply tinting the roof be enough? And if so, anyone know what % of tint is legal / sufficient, out in Ca.?

Plz advise, thanks

2in1 Glass Roof Sunshade Front+Rear Mesh+Insulation for Tesla Model 3 17-20​

Got this off ebay - passed on the tint, too invasive, too much uncertainty. will see how effectiveness of this product. got off ebay for $40 - for both front and rear. Tesla wanted a whopping $90 + $75

I believe legal in CA is 70% on front side windows, and anything on the back and rear window. That being said I've always done 50% on my front windows without any issues. Just tinted my M3 with 50% all around and 70% on the windshield for heat reduction.

Most places won't do the moonroof due to possible cracking. So agree with the post above to just get sunshade. Otherwise if a place is willing the top can be whatever you want

I live in Phoenix and did 20% ceramic on the roof and back window. Make sure you find a place experienced in doing the back window in one piece. My installer did a beautiful job. HUGE difference in heat and UV!