Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Model X Plaid - warm air coming out of vents with heater off

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This morning was a fairly chilly morning in Central Florida (45 degrees this morning). When I left home to commute to work, I had HVAC completely off but the windshield started fogging up and I turned on the fan (fan only, HVAC was set to cool with A/C being off and temp set ot 72 degrees) and fairly warm air was coming out of the vents (definitely a lot warmer than outside temp). Now, I wonder if this has something to do with the Octovalve? I always run PLAID mode in my car and I believe that it does heat up the battery for better performance. As a result, I suspect that the octovalve is redirecting some of that heat to the cabin?? Am I off on that?? How else could warm air coming out of the vents with the heater/A/C off and only fan running?

This morning was a fairly chilly morning in Central Florida (45 degrees this morning). When I left home to commute to work, I had HVAC completely off but the windshield started fogging up and I turned on the fan (fan only, HVAC was set to cool with A/C being off and temp set ot 72 degrees) and fairly warm air was coming out of the vents (definitely a lot warmer than outside temp). Now, I wonder if this has something to do with the Octovalve? I always run PLAID mode in my car and I believe that it does heat up the battery for better performance. As a result, I suspect that the octovalve is redirecting some of that heat to the cabin?? Am I off on that?? How else could warm air coming out of the vents with the heater/A/C off and only fan running?
I set driving mode to SPORT on my way home and turned on the fan and the air came out of the vents cold (outside temp). Conclusion is that the HVAC is heating the battery for PLAID mode and the octovalve sends some of that heat to the cabin if the fan is on.

Reactions: Tulipo