Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 MY performance for sale. Fort Myers FL

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The funny part here is OP being open to someone taking his order, thereby saving him ~ $10k taxes.

What a guy
Taxes are $4800. If you can take over the order I will lower my price by the cost of the taxes. I believe I said that up top. If you take over the price will be lower. Not sure where you got $10,000 in taxes.

If I buy the car and take it home the price is $75,000. Yes, I am not going to eat the cost of the taxes and fees to give you a better deal than what you would get from Tesla.

Add the 7% tax to the $69,440 which is the price of the car in todays price. Picture reflects the price of today without taxes

Attachments

• 3380E152-65D8-4B80-8F34-E5C6683147B0.jpeg
    3380E152-65D8-4B80-8F34-E5C6683147B0.jpeg
    124.2 KB · Views: 88
Last edited:
Taxes are $4800. If you can take over the order I will lower my price by the cost of the taxes. I believe I said that up top. If you take over the price will be lower. Not sure where you got $10,000 in taxes.

If I buy the car and take it home the price is $75,000. Yes, I am not going to eat the cost of the taxes and fees to give you a better deal than what you would get from Tesla.

Add the 7% tax to the $69,440 which is the price of the car in todays price. Picture reflects the price of today without taxes
Just go ahead and release the car then, you’ll be helping someone else out by getting their car sooner :)

No one else is going to eat the cost of paying for your tax and theirs

^^ That is BS since you did not pay current pricing. The simple and honest line is that you are tying to wring out max profit from a flip. I might be doing the same shortly since the car I ordered in October is not actually the one I expect to keep long term. So I'm not going to judge but I do appreciate honesty.

Since you are trying not to offer a price discount, this comes down a trade-off: earlier delivery without being able to choose options, not getting a new car, having to deal with you as an unknown quantity, and perhaps delivery risks. Someone who wants exactly what you picked, is pressured to get a car now, and is local to you may look favorably at your offer but my guess is you are going to have to be lucky.

I don't know how typical I am, but as I buy more expensive cars I have gotten more picky, and a lot less tolerant of risks related to buying a used car. I'd also guess that you are are playing in a market where people can wait a few months for delivery. I'm not trying to persuade you of anything, I just was interested enough in this game to think about it a bit and write down my thoughts.

Last edited:
^^ That is BS since you did not pay current pricing. The simple and honest line is that you are tying to wring out max profit from a flip. I might be doing the same shortly since the car I ordered in October is not actually the one I expect to keep long term. So I'm not going to judge but I do appreciate honesty.

Since you are trying not to offer a price discount, this comes down a trade-off: earlier delivery without being able to choose options, not getting a new car, having to deal with you as an unknown quantity, and perhaps delivery risks. Someone who wants exactly what you picked, is pressured to get a car now, and is local to you may look favorably at your offer but my guess is you are going to have to be lucky.

I don't know how typical I am, but as I buy more expensive cars I have gotten more picky, and a lot less tolerant of risks related to buying a used car. I'd also guess that you are are playing in a market where people can wait a few months for delivery. I'm not trying to persuade you of anything, I just was interested enough in this game to think about it a bit and write down my thoughts.
I’ve seen people sell their MY almost 8 months old and 3,000- to 5000 miles for around $74000. I guess if someone wants my car they can pay or not. I am not forcing anyone to do anything they don’t want too.

I’ve seen people sell their MY almost 8 months old and 3,000- to 5000 miles for around $74000. I guess if someone wants my car they can pay or not. I am not forcing anyone to do anything they don’t want too.
That has been the point all along. It will sell for what someone is willing to pay. It was the not being upfront and actually not telling the truth up front that got folks correcting the errors for unsuspecting, potential buyers.

At this point you should just list it on FB or Autotrader. Probably better luck there. If it were me I would just back out of the deal and lose my $250 as it is not worth the hassle, but that is just me. If you think you can flip it for profit then you get to pay the taxes and registration and HOPE you can recoup those costs.