Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023 Model S LR, Window trim film\ppf?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a 2023 Model S LR and recently had the window trim replaced because it became so discolored that no amount of cleaning and polishing would fix the issue. I had to complain to my local service department before they were willing to replace it under warranty. I was wondering if anyone has placed any PPF or vinyl film on their window trim to protect it from future damage? I've found some vinyl black out window trim (from tesbros) for older tesla model S (pre-2022) and not sure if they will fit my 2023.

Any thoughts and suggestions appreciated!

I have a 2023 Model S LR and recently had the window trim replaced because it became so discolored that no amount of cleaning and polishing would fix the issue. I had to complain to my local service department before they were willing to replace it under warranty. I was wondering if anyone has placed any PPF or vinyl film on their window trim to protect it from future damage? I've found some vinyl black out window trim (from tesbros) for older tesla model S (pre-2022) and not sure if they will fit my 2023.

Any thoughts and suggestions appreciated!
Those pieces come off very easy. I've not PPFed those on my 2022 MSLR. I did my whole car myself and think the trim is doable. Let them ride naked for now. If you start seeing more discoloration you can black them out then.

What is causing discoloration, do you have pics?