Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023 MODEL Y LONG RANGE with FSD <500 miles - Sale - Located in Virginia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
19k less than the purchase price within few days of purchase? Lol

Welcome to how the car business usually works.

I’ve had people trade in i4’s and lose 12K within a month of ownership because they wanted an iX instead or to pick a configuration they like better.

Exactly. Yes, drive it off the lot, it's worth less than you paid for it. I bought my Y in September and get quotes for 50k, and it's got 2k miles on it. I paid 65. It is what it is.

Reactions: ElectricIAC
Price includes tax(Virginia 4.15% tax) and other fees which comes to $79k. I can sell it for $76k, if anyone interested.
What do you mean it includes tax? The tax you paid doesn’t matter— any buyer is going to have to pay the sales tax again in their state (if the state has sales tax).

You’re not getting the sales tax you paid back.

It’s like “tell me you’ve never sold a car without telling me you’ve never sold a car”.

Just FYI, Tesla just offered me $31,000 for my immaculate 6 month old 2022 LR Model 3 last week. That’s exactly half of the sticker with delivery (no taxes obviously) Picking up another new Performance Y tomorrow for way less but without a trade just to take advantage of a 6 mile showroom inventory discount plus the other $7500

Last edited:
Reactions: ElectricIAC
What do you mean it includes tax? The tax you paid doesn’t matter— any buyer is going to have to pay the sales tax again in their state (if the state has sales tax).

You’re not getting the sales tax you paid back.

It’s like “tell me you’ve never sold a car without telling me you’ve never sold a car”.

Is Nevada the only place that doesn't make you pay tax on third party used car purchases? I've lived here nearly my whole life and never had any other experience. It's glorious. lol

Its tough to sell brother at that price even if you are genuinely not a reseller. Tesla with 7500 credit hit the final nail in already derailing tesla market. At this point it is buyers market and every buyer will look for a deal as everyone thinking the market will get worse before it gets better. Hopefully you will find a buyer at price you are looking for.