Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023 MY LR won't call my husband Roger's phone

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had to rename my husband "My Love" and that works flawlessly. Incoming calls/texts show up as ICE (since his number is in my ICE contact) but it made voice command work. Doing the same with my daughter didn't solve the problem. Her name could be spelled many different ways and I got tired of spelling it when using voice command so I created an entry with her nickname. The nickname shows up when she texts me but when I voice command it, the contact list comes up and I have to scroll through to it.

I have no idea why it works with my husband and not my daughter.

I had to rename my husband "My Love" and that works flawlessly. Incoming calls/texts show up as ICE (since his number is in my ICE contact) but it made voice command work. Doing the same with my daughter didn't solve the problem. Her name could be spelled many different ways and I got tired of spelling it when using voice command so I created an entry with her nickname. The nickname shows up when she texts me but when I voice command it, the contact list comes up and I have to scroll through to it.

I have no idea why it works with my husband and not my daughter.
I'm not sure if you are using Android or iPhone - but you can make it work with a nickname for sure on Android. I would assume that iOS has a similar feature but I don't know what it would be called.

I had this problem with my wife. Her name is Cherie. Does not sound like Sherry. And of course I could not voice dial her just like you cannot with Roger. What I had to do was add a nickname - and put "sure e" as the nickname, but the real name is still set to Cherie. That gets the phonetics correct so that the darn thing understands. I would have your husband's name as Roger and nickname as Rodger. For sure that works on Android at least...

The car misspells his name as RODGER and says there's no one matching that name in my phone book. I've tried his first and last name, his middle name, Mr "Last Name". No luck with any of them......Any suggestions
First I’ll say you should start by checking the contact's name in your phone's contacts list, ensuring it's spelled correctly. Keep your contacts up to date and consider using a phonetic spelling or nickname for the contact. You can also explore voice recognition training, ensure your Tesla's software is updated, or reset and reconnect the infotainment system.