Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

21” Unberturbine color!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Why is it that there is no perfect touch up paint for our wheels. I have with much regret and embarrassment now scuffed up 3 of the 4 wheels on my MYP and the best option to repair them has been the Rustoleum carbon mist. It is VERY close but the gloss makes noticeably not perfect. The folks at Tesla NEED to have an option for us.

Why is it that there is no perfect touch up paint for our wheels. I have with much regret and embarrassment now scuffed up 3 of the 4 wheels on my MYP and the best option to repair them has been the Rustoleum carbon mist. It is VERY close but the gloss makes noticeably not perfect. The folks at Tesla NEED to have an option for us.
Professional wheel repair shops can get a perfect match... but they may be mixing a custom color into a professional paint gun to get that match. I wonder if a professional wheel repair shop would be willing to sell you touch up paint? Just promise to bring the wheels to them if you curb them really bad and they might sell you some color matched touch up paint :D

Actually that started as a joke, but you probably CAN get a color matched paint from a professional body shop.

Keith

Ther
Why is it that there is no perfect touch up paint for our wheels.

There is. The T Sportline "gunpowder matte gray" paint they sell. It's a perfect match to the Uberturbines, as I tested them on my set before I sold them. It's also the perfect match for my space gray TS5 wheels.

BTW, the matte black paint next to it is the perfect match for the Induction wheels (I bought this for my LR that I have on order, but won't be getting now).

TSportline-Wheel-Paint.jpg