Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

22' Inch Wheels Model S owners

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
how are u able to turn in fronts without rubbing?

what width and offset are you running in the rears

It rubbed for a few week. Now the plastic is formed after the rubber. Rear rims are 10" inch and ET40 ofset. I vuse 10mm spacer, so the Tesla have more look as an Aston Martin.
IMG-0311.JPG
IMG-0312.JPG IMG-0314.JPG
IMG-0315.JPG

It rubbed for a few week. Now the plastic is formed after the rubber. Rear rims are 10" inch and ET40 ofset. I vuse 10mm spacer, so the Tesla have more look as an Aston Martin.View attachment 551776 View attachment 551777 View attachment 551778 View attachment 551779

IMO that's a very dangerous spacer type to use on a car as heavy as the S. There's no hub contact, the centering is completely reliant on the lugs holding the wheel to the car with less threads due to the spacer. Asking for a wheel separation with that setup.

IMO that's a very dangerous spacer type to use on a car as heavy as the S. There's no hub contact, the centering is completely reliant on the lugs holding the wheel to the car with less threads due to the spacer. Asking for a wheel separation with that setup.

Oh man, I totally missed that picture. It's super small compared to the others on my computer for some reason.

Totally agree. You should ONLY be using hubcentric spacers, especially with aftermarket wheels. I'm surprised there isn't a lot of vibration, to be honest.

Reactions: EVSteve
Hello Guys

I am new to this forum, and new Tesla model S owner picking it up next week. I am ordering my 22 inch wheels, probably going with staggered 22x9 in front, and 22x10.5 rear. I have air suspension, but also I am going to add the Lowering kit to be lowering it more.

What is the best tire size combo/fitment for 22-inch wheel, keep in mind it will be lowered.

would love to see your 22 wheels posted on your model S below with your tire size combo, 22x width
My car NEVER rubs, you have to do it right when you install them, and know which ones are made for the car specifically

Running 22" staggered right now. +30 offset front +35 rear with lowering brackets for the air suspension. 12,000 miles so far in the northeast without any issue. Yes if you hit a big pothole damage will happen. Simple solution is pay attention and keep the tires at the proper psi. I'm running 255/30R22 on the front and 295/25R22 on the rear. The front tires do rub but only very little and only at a specific steering angle when backing up. Other than that there's no contact anywhere even with the lowering brackets set to low.

Most important thing especially if you have a P100D will be load rating. If you drop the front to 245 the load rating falls too far to be considered safe. Stock is supposed to be 98Y. Last time I looked the highest you'll find running 245 (I forget the aspect needed for 245) is a 92Y. Bumping up to 255 gets you to 95Y. Similar issue with the rear. 295 will reach 97Y. After installing the 295 tires I feel there's still enough room to put 305/30 on the back but haven't tried it yet. 305/30R22 are made with load ratings higher than 98.

Tomas has an older P85 which may increase his risk of damage. I noticed when driving a 2015 P85D loaner the ride was terrible with 21" but my late 2017 100D build is much softer with 22" wheels. Why? Who knows but imo Tesla must have changed something.
Hi Steve
Am new to this forum, Love the set up of your models. I have a white 2021 model s that came with the 19 inch rims
I will to up grade to a bigger tire and rims of course, what would you recommend thanks

Hey I have a 2013 P85+ Model S. When I got it the previous owner through on Tesla Model X rims. So it is staggered. from what I know the rim is 9x22 and the rear is 10x22. I am trying to find the perfect rear tire that has a good load rating. I came across 295 30 22 as a good tire size without rubbing. Do you guys have a better size for the rear that would fit flush without any modifications? So far I am running 265 30 22 atm but the load rating is 97 which is off by 4. I know the 295 30 22 has a load rating of 103 which is 2+ better which is kind of what I am after. I want to get as close to the load rating as possible to make it slightly safer to drive. Suggestions would be appreciated. Also I am doing this because the rear tire has blown and I need to might as well get a better load rating for the tires. You guys should see the car once its done :D