Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

'22 MYPs with 21" Michelins - Are they T0-spec?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can anyone with a new '22 check their sidewalls for a T0 Tesla specific designation? I've seen a few pics of the new Pilot Sport AS4s mounted, and it seems they have a rim protector sidewall built-in now that sticks out over the lip of the Uberturbines.

This does not appear to be a feature on the normal off-the-shelf Pilot Sport AS4. Did Tesla spec a rim-guard on these tires now? (And possibly acoustic foam inside?)

The new 255/35-21 size doesn't appear to be available anywhere for purchase yet, otherwise I'd check myself. :)

What does TO designation stand for? This is a picture of mine.

Attachments

• IMG_0821.jpeg
    IMG_0821.jpeg
    156.2 KB · Views: 85
Very cool, thanks! T0 and T1 designate that it is an OEM specific tire. My VW ID.4 has “A0” tires on it. (Audi)

Once these hit Tire Rack, they’ll probably cost more, but we know they’re the “special” version with the rim guard (and likely foam) for the MYP.
That makes sense the first thing I noticed coming from a 2020 with 21” Pirelli is the larger rim guard on the Michelins. These tires are smoother riding and quiet.