Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

$9,500 for interior color change....

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Now that Tesla has eliminated the standard range Model X, they seriously need to rethink charging $2,000 for an interior color change. That tiny little cost pushes the car over the $80,000 cap for getting a federal tax credit, which means it costs almost ten grand just to change the color of the seats and interior trim — no new features or functionality — only a color change.

I'm pretty sure I could buy new trim pieces and new seats and have them installed and still come out ahead even if I just threw the factory parts in the dumpster.

This pricing makes zero sense.

Tesla and pricing are not usually correlated with common sense. They have the highest profitability in the market and its going to increase with their casting and battery tech coming... We all know they eliminated functionality of even cheap cars like ultrasonic sensors, down to like.. indicator and driver steering wheel stalks... there is no low they wont go. Pricing, we know...