Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

94V rating tire on M3 LR

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello,

I have recently purchased a new set of tires for my M3 LR 2022. I went for the regular Pirelli PZero All Season tires (not the EV model). Rating of this tire is 94V. My local tire place claims that it doesn't meet Tesla standards, what would you do?

Thanks

That of course is a rather confusing position to take. If you read, the Tesla spec's, they call for W rating; however, the fact of the matter is that an LR top speed is answered by the V rating. The Tesla factory has one inventory for both the LR and the performance model, which is the W-rated tire.

When my tires need replacing I plan to get V-rated tired for my LR especially almost all tire manufacturers give a much higher tire rating (mileage) for a V vs W rating

That of course is a rather confusing position to take. If you read, the Tesla spec's, they call for W rating; however, the fact of the matter is that an LR top speed is answered by the V rating. The Tesla factory has one inventory for both the LR and the performance model, which is the W-rated tire.

When my tires need replacing I plan to get V-rated tired for my LR especially almost all tire manufacturers give a much higher tire rating (mileage) for a V vs W rating
And what do you think about the 94 load rating? I saw that Tesla has delivered cars with 94 tires in the past

Depends on how you drive. It’s the hard cornering that stresses the tires the most. Hard acceleration is possibly second. Extended periods of high speed at high temp is likely the third.

It’s probably fine. Not advice.