Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone replace their tires with 94V load rating? (M3 SR)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Long story short - I ordered replacement tires and didn't realize that there are different load ratings. The tires are basically what the car came with, Michelin Primacy MXM4 235/45R18, except they are 94V and not 98W. Of course, I can't return the tires. I called Tesla, they said they didn't recommend me using them. After reading forums on the internet however, it seems the new Model 3s are being delivered with 94V tires (different brand, Hangkook or something like that).

Anyway, I am wondering if anyone has had this particular situation and used the 94V tires successfully or experienced any issues. Not sure if I should just use them (they would be on the front, as I just replaced the back tires with the Micheline Primacy 235/45R18 98W) or if I should just sell them on Facebook marketplace or something.

It will be fine but some shops might not want to touch it because it’s a lower load index than the OE tire.

But as you said Tesla themselves use a 94V rated Hankook tire in place of the MXM4s at the factory. The 19” factory Continentals have a 96W rating. The 20” PS4S on the Performance have an even lower 92Y rating. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Those 94-rated tires can carry 1477lbs per corner, which is more than enough for Model3's GVWR.
They will have softer sidewalls than your rear tires, making the car a hair more lively/tail-happy. If you're worried, swap the rear tires to the front.