Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AC blowing warm air

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My wife was recently driving my LR AWD on a road trip and the AC quit working and started blowing warm air and it still is 3 days later. I have tried many things listed below and still getting warm air. I found a few threads around here and other sites about no real resolutions I have found. I have SC appt scheduled but wanted to check here to see if any of you have encountered this or have other ideas to resolve it.

Cabin temp was 86 during recent drive according to app.

Steps attempted to correct:
1. Double scroll wheel screen reboot. Driving and parked
2. Exit vehicle and let it go to sleep then re-enter
3. Charge at supercharger and at home charger
4. Complete power down. Sitting in driver seat, all windows/doors/trunk/frunk closed, cabin overheat off, "Power Off" from safety and security menu, wait 3 min, tap break to start. Tried this with 3, 5, even 10 min intervals
5. Also all HVAC options, AC on/off, manual/auto, seats on/off, recirculate on/off, etc.
6. Tried from app and during drive it acts as if it is changing setting but it is still not cool air
7. tried from app while parked in driveway and at first it gave me error "failed to turn on climate" and then after 4 or 5 attempts it did turn on but only heat mode. This may be due to drop in outside temp so I will try this one again today and see if I can get it to blow cold air and drop the cabin temp.

Anything you can think of that I haven't tried which might help?

No difference with manual mode on/off.
Yesterday I checked the "keep climate on/dog mode" and found an error. It said "Climate keeper unavailable due to system fault" so it sounds like all my attempts for other resolution were lost cause. I was able to get an appt at service center so I will wait and see what they say.

No difference with manual mode on/off.
Yesterday I checked the "keep climate on/dog mode" and found an error. It said "Climate keeper unavailable due to system fault" so it sounds like all my attempts for other resolution were lost cause. I was able to get an appt at service center so I will wait and see what they say.
I had a similar but not identical issue and it was a bad temp/humidity sensor.

• Informative
Reactions: SpaceAggie