Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla X 2018 Heater blows warm air only in rear seats

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Dear Tesla friends! I need your all help! My Tesla X is behaving strangely. Suddenly the warm air stopped blowing. But the strangest thing - the rear fans started to blow warm air, but in front still goes only cold air even it is set up on HI mode... Has anyone experienced this? What could be to happen to my car? No notifications on Tesla app?!

Dear Tesla friends! I need your all help! My Tesla X is behaving strangely. Suddenly the warm air stopped blowing. But the strangest thing - the rear fans started to blow warm air, but in front still goes only cold air even it is set up on HI mode... Has anyone experienced this? What could be to happen to my car? No notifications on Tesla app?!
Is it three row (6 or 7 seats)? If so, it sounds like a failure in the main cabin PTC heater.

Reactions: brainhouston
Upvote 0
Yes, we have three row X (6 seats). Thanks for your advise, mongo. We'll try to check it. I was also told that the fuse, which is located deep under the "motor", is probably at fault. Could it be?
There are a set of fuses that power the heater which can fail. Location depends on model year, but I don't think it was ever under the motor.
There are a bunch of threads on this site with repairs.

• Helpful
Reactions: scottf200
Upvote 0
Hi there. I'm back on this issue:( We replaced the heater and the fuse. Everything was working fine until yesterday, the warm air stopped blowing in the cabin again for no reason. (I smelled a burning smell for a second while driving a couple of days ago, but everything was fine (until yesterday) :(
Does anyone have any idea what could be the problem? Maybe the root of the problem lies somewhere other than the heater? Need your advises pls

Upvote 0