Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Acceleration on stop to right turns. Best in EV

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So anyone ever dread those right / left turn situations when leaving a shopping center and going onto a main road going 50-60 mph. Well, I used to hate those alot because gas cars don't accelerate well if you give it too much gas. Even when having a BMW M3, what is assumed to be a fast car, that car can still lag hard because its waiting to burn the gas to make the car go. And being off by a few seconds, those cars on the main road can be fast approaching and make for a bad situation. Or maybe exiting a neighborhood with a stop sign to the main road, or a red light right turn.

With the Tesla Model 3, or maybe any Tesla in general, I never have to fear of accelerating too slow for those stop to right turn moments. Last night I was at a right turn out of a shopping center, I saw a massive cars (probably released from a green light) hauling ass on the main road. All I have to do is throw my foot down on the accelerator and I was able to match the high speed of the other cars so fast that nobody behind me had to slow down.

This is one of the reasons I don't want to drive a gas based car again. Even if it were a performance car like an M3, they still hesitate and you can't really floor it and expect immediate response. Its like even if you don't care for performance cars, you still get instant acceleration whether you want it or not. I just don't understand why gas cars can't instantly accelerate the way a Tesla or EV does. When you floor a gas car, does it take a while because the gas needs to be burned? But the transfer of electricity is much faster than the process of gas entering the engine to produce energy?