Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Accessories for 2021 Refresh Model S Plaid/LR

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am not sure I see the conflict--you can use the chains on the new S, but only with the 19" wheels. Likely because the chains would scratch the crap out of the 21s.
it‘s clear that Tesla has labeled items not compatible with the 2021 Model S “2012-2020”
The text “Note: Compatible with Model S vehicles produced in 2012-2020” is very clear.
After a bit more research, it appears that the KONIG K-SUMMIT has multiple variations that fit 19” (Tesla’s are K45)
Exact Tire size determines which model.
I will try to find the info and post it here.

Last edited:
  • Helpful
Reactions: impastu
Hey all, I'm finally picking up my Blue Model S this Saturday :)
I placed my Tesla order back in Jan, and have been without a car since then... little did I know of the looooong wait!! I'm excited now!

Can you all recommend me a 3rd party car cover that would fit the Model S (other than the $400 one that Tesla sells)? I don't have a covered garage, so definitely need a car cover.

• Informative
I placed my Tesla order back in Jan, and have been without a car since then... little did I know of the looooong wait!! I'm excited now!

Can you all recommend me a 3rd party car cover that would fit the Model S (other than the $400 one that Tesla sells)? I don't have a covered garage, so definitely need a car cover.

Sweet.

i can understand your desire and need for a cover.

But for most, would not recommend. If any dirt gets between cover and paint, it can act like grit or sandpaper. Micro swirl city. Plus condensation trapped in there might not be so good either.

it‘s clear that Tesla has labeled items not compatible with the 2021 Model S “2012-2020”
The text “Note: Compatible with Model S vehicles produced in 2012-2020” is very clear.
After a bit more research, it appears that the KONIG K-SUMMIT has multiple variations that fit 19” (Tesla’s are K45)
Exact Tire size determines which model.
I will try to find the info and post it here.
As mentioned… link to Konig

When I input the size of the Front 19s
No options except if an SUV is specified.
(XL K55)
(The ones on the Tesla online store are K45s)

I assume it’s a fender clearance issue.
Screenshots of results below:
416172F0-D856-43F4-9E4F-F829CF87662D.png
FA81442A-7CDA-47FF-91B2-16A57966A708.png

• Informative

Go with a full PPF wrap plus ceramic coating if it works budget wise.
You won’t regret it.
picking up my Plaid on Monday and taking it straight to ALSET for both. (Preset appointment)
As mentioned the cover has the potential to damage the paint.
unless both the car and the cover are always 100% clean. (Not possible)

Been playing around with different looks for the wheel, so here are a couple of options based on the OEM parts. Part numbers below. Center caps are $15/each and the lug nut covers are about a buck.

IMG_1331.jpeg
IMG_1336.jpeg

WHEEL CENTER CAP - GREY6005879-01-A
LUG NUT CAP, TALL, BLACK1027010-00-B
WHEEL ORNAMENTATION CAP - ARMOR BLACK6005879-04-A

Been playing around with different looks for the wheel, so here are a couple of options based on the OEM parts. Part numbers below. Center caps are $15/each and the lug nut covers are about a buck.

View attachment 710946View attachment 710947

I get the intent. But honestly, wheel looks like some kind of splat. Regardless of color, covers, or caps. Sorry. No purposeful offense meant.

Down votes/dislikes for this response anticipated and understood.

I get the intent. But honestly, wheel looks like some kind of splat. Regardless of color, covers, or caps. Sorry. No purposeful offense meant.

Down votes/dislikes for this response anticipated and understood.
LOL - No offense taken.

TBH, the wheel looks better in person than in pics. Mostly, I needed winter wheels and I kinda like these.

Last edited:

View attachment 710946View attachment 710947

This may be a dumb question, and sorry if it is, but is the method of ordering just contacting my SC, saying "I'd like to order parts numbered X, Y, and Z" and waiting for them to come in?

I'm in the same boat (21s and need to get winter wheels/tires). Of the options you shared, I like the black center/black lug combo. Agree though that the arachnids definitely look better, cap on or off the 19s.

This may be a dumb question, and sorry if it is, but is the method of ordering just contacting my SC, saying "I'd like to order parts numbered X, Y, and Z" and waiting for them to come in?

I'm in the same boat (21s and need to get winter wheels/tires). Of the options you shared, I like the black center/black lug combo. Agree though that the arachnids definitely look better, cap on or off the 19s.
There are two options when it comes to wheels - if they sell it through The Official Tesla Shop | Tesla just order from there. If not, you need to physically go to any SC to order parts. For some parts they will also ask for a VIN. To see parts, prices etc that you can buy via the SC go to Parts Catalog 👍

There are two options when it comes to wheels - if they sell it through The Official Tesla Shop | Tesla just order from there. If not, you need to physically go to any SC to order parts. For some parts they will also ask for a VIN. To see parts, prices etc that you can buy via the SC go to Parts Catalog 👍
Thank you! Super helpful. It started out as wheels but then when I was seeing discussion of center caps and lug covers (stuff that isn't on the Tesla shop) I wanted to make sure I wasn't gonna be laughed at for asking the SC.

You mention physically going to SC. While that isn't an issue, is that because they won't take phone orders?

Thank you! Super helpful. It started out as wheels but then when I was seeing discussion of center caps and lug covers (stuff that isn't on the Tesla shop) I wanted to make sure I wasn't gonna be laughed at for asking the SC.

You mention physically going to SC. While that isn't an issue, is that because they won't take phone orders?
No problem! As for physically going - yes, for some reason they refuse to take phone or email orders, they only do it in person. Not sure why 🤷🏻‍♂️

If you are ordering from the EPC, you can order via the app (open a service ticket and list part numbers and quantities) or go into Service and tell them you want to order some parts.

Oh I didn’t know they’d accept it through the app, that’s awesome! 👍
Yeah, they'll send you back the usual Service quote (electronically) with the part numbers you ordered, costs, taxes, etc. Accept that, and they'll go-ahead and order the parts and let you know when they are in.

Not sure that counts as accessories but here are a few that I made after getting delivery of my LR (I am working on more right now, will release them over the next few weeks, like console wrap, PPFs etc):

Screen Protector for the 2nd row display
Fog lights tint
Tail lights tint
Trunk letters + logo
Rear fenders PPF (XPEL & 3M)

If there is anything you want for the new Model S and it’s made of vinyl or similar, let me know and I may be able to make it 🤷🏻‍♂️
Got anymore full pics of your model s with all these installed?