Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Adaptors included with a new Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
normally just the blue commando plug and your local wall connector plug.

3-7.jpg

no the red one you have to buy separately.

Blue Commando adapter for the Tesla UMC
This plugs into the above UMC and allows up to 7.4kW of power, it’s recommended that you get a Commando socket installed at any locations you will be visiting often but not daily. For instance a Commando 32amp socket because it’s the cheapest way to install decent power with little disruption. You will get 32A on the large commando socket not the small one, but this should give you 22miles per hour charge

Last edited:
OK, here's the story:

There's a stranded model X owner from Norway who's being towed to my place for charging and needs power for 126km to reach the closest type 2 public charger. I have 3phase at 16A, but he only got the blue single phase mobile connector adapter with him. Any way to modify the adaptor in order to support 3 phase charging?

Any way to modify the adaptor in order to support 3 phase charging?
I wouldn't suggest any way to modify the adaptor it looks like the blue is 3 prong and red is 5 prong. Why don't you let him charge using the standard wall outlet but with a european plug adaptor? just monitor the plug for heat as it could be a fire risk. Ask him to lower the Amps in the car to 5 amps to make it safer. Might be worth posting in the Norway forum in the site for more ideas.

Partially true. In the Netherlands you get a 3-phase Red connector for charging with 11kW as we are a 3-phase country.

I would also recommend to charge this Model X with just a regular socket. Charging it with 3-phase requires the proper charger to do so.

Thanx for participating. I have taken the discussion over to a more relevant thread: European UMC adapter resistor coding

Reactions: sidmini