Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Advice on pre-owned (by owner) mid-2016 Model S 75D

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all. I'm finally in a position after years of saving and hard work to purchase my very first Tesla. I've been researching all the various threads and appreciate all of the input and support on TMC.

There is a late 2016 Model S 75D selling for $63K by owner close to where I live (going to see and test drive it this weekend). Ask - I need advice on whether or not this is a good value/deal from any experts on TMC.

Here are the details the seller has provided. He confirmed he doesn't have any other options beyond these:
  • 25K miles
  • Mid-2016 model with Hardware 2.0
  • Enhanced Autopilot (already paid)
  • Full Self Driving (already paid)
  • Black Exterior
  • Black Textile Interior
Per the seller it is in excellent condition and has been garage kept.

@Admins - please feel free to move this thread if I've posted it in the wrong section

Ask to see the service records and whether it has lifetime free supercharging. I don't know if it's a good deal, as I'm not versed on the market.

I'm assuming that it doesn't have the premium package. Are any of the upgrades important to you? What's the roof, glass, sunroof..?

Good luck!

Reactions: FlyinLow
Hello all. Just wanted to close the loop here. Thanks for the great advice. I decided to resists the used Model S and instead purchased a new Model 3. I'm excited to finally be a Tesla owner and look forward to reading and contributing on TMC going forward. Cheers.

Especially of the 75D you were considering was poorly optioned, along with the textile seats you mentioned, I think you made the right call in buying a brand new Model 3. Best Tesla value for your money and you get the new tech.