Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Advice on when to sell and why on use ie carvana ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi. Looking for advice on when to sell my 2023 performance 3.

I am hating it. I can’t get used to the constant charging, negotiating my next my next moves contingent on when and where I can charge, and the pressure of that. I just spent 18$ for 44w at a supercharger on Long Island. I can charge at home using high gauge extension cord hooked up to dryer outlet. That’s a pain in the ass but I am reluctant to put in a wall charger.

I am also dealing with the rims that have a dent for the second time. Driven on. Penal roads. No pot holes.

I put 10k down. Rest is financed. Any advice on when I should try to sell. The car will have high mileage. I drive a lot. Thanks in advance.

You sell when you dont want it anymore. There isnt any reason to drive a car you "hate". Once the refresh (highland) comes out, these will depreciate even more, so if you are asking "when do I sell to not lose a bunch of money selling a car I just bought?" the answer is you dont, you sell and eat the loss, and buy something you want to drive, thats what money is for".

Reactions: Thp3
Upvote 0
Hi. Looking for advice on when to sell my 2023 performance 3. I am hating it.

Anytime you want.
It's a free country!

I put 10k down. Rest is financed. Any advice on when I should try to sell. The car will have high mileage. I drive a lot. Thanks in advance.

You will take a bath on flipping a less than 1 year old car.
Prepare to write-off anywhere from 25-50% of the purchase price.
The longer you wait, the less you will get for it.

Reactions: rpiotro
Upvote 0
Hi. Looking for advice on when to sell my 2023 performance 3.

I am hating it. I can’t get used to the constant charging, negotiating my next my next moves contingent on when and where I can charge, and the pressure of that. I just spent 18$ for 44w at a supercharger on Long Island. I can charge at home using high gauge extension cord hooked up to dryer outlet. That’s a pain in the ass but I am reluctant to put in a wall charger.

I am also dealing with the rims that have a dent for the second time. Driven on. Penal roads. No pot holes.

You have rubber bands for tires and are unhappy driving on roads in the northeast?

Upvote 0