Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Aero Wheel vinyl wrap

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am thinking of wrapping my aero wheel covers with a custom design, but the ones i find that are available for sale are not desirable for my own taste. Is there a place / website where we can design our own and print it as a wrap for the aero wheels? The picture below is just an example.. but the site where i got the picture from didn’t list where they had it made.

AD50E378-36AE-4F9A-BF07-12E2FFE1C661.jpeg

AutoDesk's Fusion 360 is a very powerful 3D design software that can generate 2D surfaces from 3D objects. It is also available as a free license, if used as a hobby.

Fusion 360 has a powerful revolve feature, so you would only need to draw 1/5 of the part to scale. Unfortunately, this hub cap has very complex shapes and Fusion 360 has a steep learning curve. Once you finish the 3D design, you would need to export the folded flat surfaces as a SVG file that you could import into your vinyl cutter layout software before printing to your vinyl cutter/printer. There is also a free third party Fusion 360 add-on that supports SVG exporting.