Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

All weather mats wrong region?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi

I was given a set of all weather mats as compensation for an issue with my M3LR.

The front two don't seem to fit correctly. The curves at the side follow the opposite side of the footwell and the "Tesla" word logo faces inwards adjacent to what would be the transmission tunnel in an ICE car rather than at the door side like I would have expected.

And no they haven't swapped the driver and passenger mats around!

What I actually think has happened is I've been given a set of mats for a LHD car. If I swap the drivers mat to the passenger side the mat molds perfectly to the side of the footwell, the Tesla logo is by the door frame although obviously there is no clutch foot rest but there would be in an LHD car obviously. Same if I put the passenger side on the drivers side.

The rears are fine as they're symmetrical for LHD and RHD regions.

Took me ages to get Manchester South SC to agree with me but they said "that's all we get sent from Tesla". Also they mentioned that myriad other customers have pre ordered these mats. If I'd have paid for them I'd be pretty miffed.

Anyone else noticed this?

So these I assume
must fit particularly badly around the foot rest if they are LHD

These are exactly them! It's not the footrest that's the issue. That's still on the same side of the mat whether it's LHD or RHD. Your clutch foot is still your clutch foot no matter where you drive.

It's the fitting of the mats along the sides of the footwells that's the issue. The left had side of my driver's mat for example doesn't fit against the centre console very well but follows the door side of the passenger side perfectly (as this is where the mat would be placed in a LHD car).

Hi

I was given a set of all weather mats as compensation for an issue with my M3LR.

The front two don't seem to fit correctly. The curves at the side follow the opposite side of the footwell and the "Tesla" word logo faces inwards adjacent to what would be the transmission tunnel in an ICE car rather than at the door side like I would have expected.

And no they haven't swapped the driver and passenger mats around!

What I actually think has happened is I've been given a set of mats for a LHD car. If I swap the drivers mat to the passenger side the mat molds perfectly to the side of the footwell, the Tesla logo is by the door frame although obviously there is no clutch foot rest but there would be in an LHD car obviously. Same if I put the passenger side on the drivers side.

The rears are fine as they're symmetrical for LHD and RHD regions.

Took me ages to get Manchester South SC to agree with me but they said "that's all we get sent from Tesla". Also they mentioned that myriad other customers have pre ordered these mats. If I'd have paid for them I'd be pretty miffed.

Anyone else noticed this?
Compensation. Please explain how you pulled that off!!! If you post a picture of the drivers side mat. I will post the same Taptes mat...which does fit!

These are exactly them! It's not the footrest that's the issue. That's still on the same side of the mat whether it's LHD or RHD. Your clutch foot is still your clutch foot no matter where you drive.

It's the fitting of the mats along the sides of the footwells that's the issue. The left had side of my driver's mat for example doesn't fit against the centre console very well but follows the door side of the passenger side perfectly (as this is where the mat would be placed in a LHD car).
I kind of meant if you switched them round so the logos were in the right place. But I guess that wouldn't make much sense in hindsight

Had a closer look at these today. They're made by a company called Weather-Tech, as indicated by a stamp on the rear. Also on the reverse of the mat on my driver's side (i.e. the one with the cut out for the clutch foot rest) it clearly states "Front Left" and has a diagram of the car indicating where the mat is meant to go; the drivers side of a LHD car. The passenger mat says "Front Right" further confirming these mats are incorrect for the UK

Please don't buy these mats, they're a really poor fit. For those that have pre ordered them (and according to the parts department at Manchester South, this is a LOT of people) then cancel and get a refund.

20200929_182244.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: ElRey and Durzel